• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blood on screen when an allies dies close to us.

Nar6

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2010
France
Hi,
As you all know, war is bloody :p

Especially when the artillery fires!

So i was thinking that if a soldier explodes near us, the blood should splash the screen... :)

The player would then have to wash his head with one of his hands...
Or maybe the blood would leave alone..

I have looked every topics.. I hope nobody post this idea before me.. and that it isnt already in RO. I didn't play this game for a while so i apologise if i did something wrong :(

Last edited:
Your eyes reaction system is pretty good.

So what would most likely happen is that you see the blood splatters coming close to you, and then automatically close your eyes for the point of impact. In that sense splatter might make a lot of sense. As long as it indeed doesn't look like it has splatted onto a window, but more like its moving towards your eye.

Upvote 0
as long as it isn't done all hollywood-style with the individual blood droplets showing on-screen then I say why not?

even if you blink and turn away, some is undoubtedly going to get into your eyes, think about it this way, if you've ever had water splashed in your face, you blink and turn away, but some will get into eye area, and when you open your eyes, your vision does get a little blurred

same concept can apply to blood

Upvote 0