• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A little mirror for Snipers or officers

do you really think that only because you have a mirror you will use it everywhere?

It is like a soldier would use his grenades for each room he enters ....

And anyway, checking places with it makes you visible! Ennemies know you are there so it is not the best idea in Buildings.. They might shot or send you a nade before you have time to say 'oh sh*t, an ennemy!', or just to switch weapon...

As in the film, it would be useful only in open places!
This is my own opinion :p

Upvote 0
do you really think that only because you have a mirror you will use it everywhere?

And anyway, checking places with it makes you visible! Ennemies know you are there so it is not the best idea in Buildings.. They might shot or send you a nade before you have time to say 'oh sh*t, an ennemy!', or just to switch weapon...

As in the film, it would be useful only in open places!
This is my own opinion :p

YES. The player will use any advantage he can as many times as possible. Why do you think we have so many people complaining about grenade spam?

Upvote 0
It was just an idea..
Anyway i know it is not going to be included in the game xD
I just wanted to share what i had in the mind ..

but I suddently realised that i forgot to say ONE thing...
Only snipers could use it..

EDIT : It is written in the title since the begining ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking about 'saving private ryan' and i suddently remember this scene

You can see the soldier using a mirror to see ennemies and by this way, he cant get shot and know where they are!

It may be a detail,but it is still impressiv when you see that a game is rich of a plenty of details.;)

YouTube - Saving Private Ryan D-day Scene (3/4)
Look at 3:08
No offense Nar, but I'm pretty sure almost everyone in these forums ONLY reference movies like Saving Private Ryan and Enemy At the Gates when we say what we DON'T want HoS to be like:p

not to mention I think that the new cover system is going to kinda eliminate the need for this kind of feature, as you can quickly pop your head around cover to take a quick look and then pull your head back behind cover. A lot of the old-timers here are pretty good shots (not me of course:p) but i seriously doubt anyone is good enough to identify someone's head popping around a corner, aim, and hit them all in the 1 second the head is going to be exposed

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdog
Having a mirror would be awfully gamey imo; you'd have people checking EVERY corner, which is silly.

I dont think so ...

Never underestimate players. If it gives them an advantage, they will do it. And think about danzig, players do use their nades in every room it seems lol. :p

Teammate <F1 Nade> =213=Slavek
Teammate: Sorry
Me: *Thinks to self raging behind keyboard* Jesus christ, wtf man, the command center cap bar has been clear for the past 3 mins, stop throwing blind nades . . . . Fck man*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
contrary to hollywood myths, in the heat of battle, you don't build a makeshift mirror to look around the corner and take your sweet time. you peaked quickly, then moved on to the next action. i love how they included that sequence there to show that tom hank's chararcter is a "methodical" and intelligent leader of men. that scene would only make sense if his squad and the machine gunner were the only people on the beach.

Upvote 0
contrary to hollywood myths, in the heat of battle, you don't build a makeshift mirror to look around the corner and take your sweet time. you peaked quickly, then moved on to the next action. i love how they included that sequence there to show that tom hank's chararcter is a "methodical" and intelligent leader of men. that scene would only make sense if his squad and the machine gunner were the only people on the beach.

I disagree... Because in war, You never know when someone is aiming at you...
exept if he has already shot...or if he's really visible

Maybe there was a rifler who saw them.. who knows?

Upvote 0
I disagree... Because in war, You never know when someone is aiming at you...
exept if he has already shot...or if he's really visible

Maybe there was a rifler who saw them.. who knows?
When you lean quickly there is no way he is going to squeeze the trigger and manage to kill you. Mirrors are not giving an advantage in CQB, but maybe when looking for snipers & mg's when arriving to open areas. And it would be only snipers & officers not everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My opinion is "the mirror around the corner" would only work in an insertion type operation where the enemy is unaware of your presence as you are creeping into their base of operations, and once they are aware that specific use is rendered almost useless. For the game setting I think, sure, it could be used in some situations, however when you do this, you do not have your weapon at the ready, and in a situation were people are trying to kill you, it may not be your best option. In the game sense it would be a lot of coding and some textures and resources put into a feature of the game that may, or may not be used. In my preference, I would rather quickly look around a corner for a split second to get a full picture of the situation at hand, rather than try to tilt and angle a small mirror to only see sections or parts of whats around the corner. Sure if someone anticipates you looking around the corner they can possibly shoot you, however i would be willing to take that risk rather than have my mirror shine like a small beacon for 15 seconds as I am trying to view the surroundings and then have it act like a magnet for grenades. It is a good idea, however I think it may not be best suited for this style of game.

Upvote 0