• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-WestLondon-LightsOut-v1

HaTeMe

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
First of all, I KNOW there is a map called West London Night, BUT its not exactly that dark or anything like my previous Lights Out maps, so I made this one anyway. Read the description for more detailed info about the changes. Oh and I did not use anything from that map for my own.

Map Name:
KF-WestLondon-LightsOut
Version: 1
Playable: Yes
Map Download/Download Size:
Click Here To Download (4,33mb packed)

Description of map:
Dark version of West London.

Changes from the original:
1. Obviously, made it hell of a lot darker, the only areas where you can see something are around car/building fires and candles. Oh and theres a couple of cars with lights on etc.
2. Fixed the trader exploit
3. Made camping behind the big fence A LOT harder by adding 2 specimen spawns behind the windows.
4. Also added another specimen window spawn on the hotel.
5. The chopper doesnt take off anymore, it has crashed on the chruch tower LOL xD. I couldnt resist, reference to this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42423http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42423
6. Fixed an issue with pathing behind the big gate.
7. Added custom music (credits go to Voivod, if he doesnt want his music to be added in my maps then let me know and Ill remove them)

What testing is wanted:
Just check theres no remaining exploits and that the content I added works and doesnt cause any glitches. Also suggestions are always welcome.

Screenshots: Click Here

Video Example (by Fang)

YouTube - Killing Floor: WestLondon - Lights Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I1scYteMPA

Last edited:
I LOVE these dark maps, but something really bothered me about the hallway in the Police Station.

50946113.jpg

You can just stand in the doorway and see everything outside lit up, this seems like it would make a really cheap camping spot.
A few stars in the sky would look better in my opinion, and congrats on using one of VoivoD's music tracks! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now that feels like a real power outage during zombie apocalypse. Great work :)

I'd suggest removing both flickering electric lights in police building. They can be swapped with dim candles like the ones you added, or just let there be darkness. It would commit to the idea of fire and car lights as sole sources of any light during city power failure.

Upvote 0
I LOVE these dark maps, but something really bothered me about the hallway in the Police Station.

You can just stand in the doorway and see everything outside lit up, this seems like it would make a really cheap camping spot.

Actually, that is some sort of bug and it also happens in Manor, Biotics and Offices. I dont know how to get rid of it, seems to happen on doorways only. I tried adding a zoneinfo right inside the door but that didnt seem to help either.

If anyone got any idea how to solve this, please let me know!

And about it being a good camping spot, I seriously doubt it because theres specimen spawns right above you (the windos I added) and they can also sneak up on you from behind. Youd just die there.

KF-WestlondonNight is better!

Im not looking for making visually attractive map here, its supposed to increase the difficulty with low light and extra spawns etc. The "Lights Out" maps are just a little gift I made for the players who want a challenge and want to try out a different type of gameplay xD

Just saying Im not offended by that because its an attempt to make things harder not look better.

Altho it would help alot if you'd stop being lazy and made me that flashlight mutator xD. Would you do it if I gifted you a game through steam with max 20e prize LOL? Because I REALLY dont have time to learn the code beetween my job and other stuff, and I cant use Black Cheetahs flashlight pickup either. Or wait... If I add the pickup in the game but the server doesnt have it, would it cause my map to crash or would it simply ignore the pickup (as in, it wouldnt work but the map would)?

I'd suggest removing both flickering electric lights in police building.

I could do that, but its funny because last time people suggested that Id add flickering lights xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I greatly appreciate your maps :)

but sorry if I may disappoint you I do not see at all what kind of map on one of my servers public, players will be solved too quickly in the dark and I do not think the players will be delighted by this map :(

For my part I really like her but I think going to play with friends or a private server :(

I just wanted to give my views on the subject :eek:
I hope you have not offended :eek:
This is not my goal :)

sorry for my bad english :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I greatly appreciate your maps :)

but sorry if I may disappoint you I do not see at all what kind of map on one of my servers public, players will be solved too quickly in the dark and I do not think the players will be delighted by this map :(

For my part I really like her but I think going to play with friends or a private server :(

I just wanted to give my views on the subject :eek:
I hope you have not offended :eek:
This is not my goal :)

sorry for my bad english :(
Je vois des accords au f

Upvote 0
You could try removing the portals in the affected doorways.

Well, I think it happens in every doorway. But I dont know if you need portals since you dont have rly any zones apart from the blackness. So yeah, I could try that.

Its not suprising, I was fully aware that these dark maps wont become a "big hit" or anything. It will be just for a few handpicked players looking for a challenge, like I said above :p

I mean, even I hated dark maps when I started playing KF, lol. Yet, one day I just thought "Damn it would be awesome if Biotics Lab was entirely dark" just for the thrills and horror element.

Ive been trying to make some trigger lights which you can turn on and off with a button but for some reason the tutorials didnt work (I tried Murphys tutorial and some random vid on Youtube but the light just didnt work..). Im hoping of making a map where lights turn off randomly and you have to find a button to turn the lights back on. This would (hopefully) prevent camping and therefor make the game more interesting. Well of course you could also choose to fight in the dark too :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its not suprising, I was fully aware that these dark maps wont become a "big hit" or anything. It will be just for a few handpicked players looking for a challenge, like I said above :p

Even if they aren't a big hit. These maps are still worth trying/playing every so often for the different kind of gameplay.

I mean, even I hated dark maps when I started playing KF, lol. Yet, one day I just thought "Damn it would be awesome if Biotics Lab was entirely dark" just for the thrills and horror element.

^ Lights Out = TRUE Survival-Horror.

I know I know, I'm obsessed with these maps. But, what can I say.. they are just that awesome.

YouTube - Killing Floor: WestLondon - Lights Out

Upvote 0