• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design ... i need help again

0kay so im making my elevator, and right now i have my elevator set to the bottom floor, but i cant get the the trigger to open the elevator doors.

i have tried changing my settings to match the the settings of the elevator of macro's example.

uhhh, ill upload my map so ( who ever is helping me ) can take a look and yeah...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W4E0RWRC

edit, nevermind i found why the door wasnt opening, but still some feedback would be nice ^.^

i forgot to add keyframes to the doors lolololololololololololol

edit, doors still dont work =/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, i have added the trigger for the door as you suggested, and i have it so i can call the elevator to the floor if i am on the floor that its going to.
if i go to the bottom floor i canT get it to go up by pressing use

i think im going to try adding small damage triggered triggers and add a static mesh to it so its small, ill then place it on the wall of my elevator static mesh if thats possible... if not ill add them to every floor and add no colide so the elevator goes through it an that there stationary, the doors im thinking of adding something for the speciemen to activate using damage triggered or something like bumping into it, and so the elevator wouldnt be abused i just thought of making a spot so that the specemin fall from an shaft a bit above the elevator shaft and would be able to fall into the area the player goes in, so that it cant be abused by welding doors or something....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for all your help, i made my elevator but a different way than you guys did D= but hey it works ^.^ and it covers 6 floors ^.^

and still i need help so add me on steam because i have questions ect

i also have light leaking throuigh my brushes into other halways etc i would like some help on that too

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is only 3 triggers in a two story elevator. One on the bottom to call the elevator to that keyframe, same thing on the top, and the center is to activate it and make it go to the next floor availible. BTW The center trigger will follow the elevator where ever it goes, and you have to use KFElevatorDoorMover for the doors to work.

Upvote 0
There is only 3 triggers in a two story elevator. One on the bottom to call the elevator to that keyframe, same thing on the top, and the center is to activate it and make it go to the next floor availible. BTW The center trigger will follow the elevator where ever it goes, and you have to use KFElevatorDoorMover for the doors to work.
er i did something different with my elevator but it works for 6 floors XD

any ways i have lights on one floor, then go one floor below and it iluminates the roof how do i fix that?

Upvote 0
The way i created my elevator caused Lift Center and Lift Center trigger to become obsolete.
And my elevator works, for player usage ( i have yet to implement Specimen into my map, so ill still need to test, but in theory it should work )

the lift center/lift exits/kfelevatortriggers are for ZEDS to use your elevator. so they wont have to take the long way around.

Upvote 0