• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Aggro

Deathtyrant

Apr 21, 2010
Too many times have I had specimens wander past me to attack someone else, causing me to move from my position to save them and sometimes even end up getting killed myself due to the immense pileup of specimens on Capt Rambo trying to save the day. I think berserkers should have a scaling aggro scale that increases as their levels increase, that way the specimens are drawn more to the zerk before anyone else. This also has its disadvantages however (FP) but it would make an efficient baiting method. Especially with a well prepared team. This would also make rambo'ing with a berserker slightly more hazardous because the attention would be drawn to them quicker. What do you think?

Too many times have I had specimens wander past me to attack someone else, causing me to move from my position to save them and sometimes even end up getting killed myself due to the immense pileup of specimens on Capt Rambo trying to save the day. I think berserkers should have a scaling aggro scale that increases as their levels increase, that way the specimens are drawn more to the zerk before anyone else. This also has its disadvantages however (FP) but it would make an efficient baiting method. Especially with a well prepared team. This would also make rambo'ing with a berserker slightly more hazardous because the attention would be drawn to them quicker. What do you think?

1) You can't kill everything
2) You can't save everybody
3) You have to trust your teammates to carry their share
4) You can use the 9mm to pull mobs that aren't close to you
5) Whenever you are directly between mobs and teammates, you are a bulletproof vest

Upvote 0
When I first saw this thread, I thought the suggestion would be something I've had in mind for a while. It wasn't, unfortunately, and I've got to say I share the others' concerns regarding your suggestion; but since this thread is as good as any to post it, here's mine:

A per-weapon multiplier for how much the damage dealt counts towards encouraging specimens to switch targets. For most weapons, it'd be 1, but for the few that have it set to something else, it could turn out to be an indispensable tactical facet. In particular, melee weapons would have a fairly high multiplier, say, 3 or 4; after all, if someone whacked me in the face with an axe (and I survived), I dare say I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0