• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding my comment in the Creep Train thread.

I said you WERE as in past tense and EXAMPLE as in you seem like the kind of person i am trying to point out but i'm not saying you for are for certain.

does "no offense" mean nothing anymore? :rolleyes: i'm simply using your previous history with your selection of music as an example of a typical behavior of the kind of person i don't like when it comes to music. if i were trying to insult you i'd just say "you are a musical idiot".

and i prefer to listen to DnB because it is my fav genre, but i listen to everything. not to mention, DnB is extremely unpopular where i come from, so i am the enlightened one out of all the idiots i live around. compared to green day or fallout boy or any of that crap, DnB is a godsend.

"No offense" is simply used as a way to get around insulting people, in my opinion. And you pretty much said "you are a musical idiot"

And would it change your mind if i said that i like to play jazz-style music? My uncle is also a drummer, and has been an influence, by teaching me some blues and jazz beats for drumming.

And being a musical idiot is different to being called one.

If you knew the music i listed then you would see that the drummers are actually incredibly skilled.

I listen for complexity in the music that i listen to. My friend may have got me into the music i listen to, but i base my musical choices on the merits of each band and song, not what's cool to listen to. Granted, i may listen to what's cool to listen to, but that's because i genuinely like it.

Take Cryptopsy for instance, their drummer is one of the best drummers skill wise and i like their music because their drummer is very skilled.

And again, Iron Maiden. Even though they are popular, they are popular for a reason. They're the best metal band, and have been recognised as such.

If you want an example of music that people don't listen to, then there's Riul Doamnei.
They're similar to bands i listen to, yet i haven't heard of them until i was shown them via YouTube pm.

If you still think i am narrow minded because of the vast variety of music i like, aspire to be like, and can play then i pity the waste of your intellect.

I have no idea what DnB is, but again FoB and Green Day then i guess it's pretty good.

I am a guy. I like guy music. My music doesn't confine my personality. If you were to compare me to an average metalhead then you would see a large difference.

Don't hate what you don't understand. It's the biggest flaw of the ignorant. the uninformed and the fearful.

I do not like DnB because i do not know what it is. It is clear to me that you hate everyone with a taste for similar music to mine.

Care to explain why you me so?

Upvote 0
i see you that way because you say you don't like a music genre simply because you don't know what it is, and that's the exact thing that the average musically inept person does

*sigh* nevermind :rolleyes:

I don't like something that i've never heard, that's not musically inept, that's logical. Liking something without knowing what it is, is very bad.

Let's say that you don't know what blue waffle is, shall we? Now, going by your way of thinking, even though you don't know what it is you should like it.

My way of thinking is this: If you don't know what it is, find out what it is before saying you like or dislike it.

How is that musically inept? It seems to me that you're jumping to conclusions because you're either uninformed or ignorant.

i don't limit myself to genres, but i do like what i like. It just so happens that it is generally in the same genres.

I have punk, old punk, rock, some pop and of course a diverse selection of metal. I'm going to assume, omarfw, that you know nothing of metal, because you seem to hate it so passionately without knowing that which you hate.

And again, you keep going on about "musically inept", how am i musically inept exactly? because i don't like the music you like? I could say that because you don't listen to metal, and listen to more mainstream style music that you are musically inept.

But i see you have completely derailed my thread.

The point of this thread was to be about saying what music you like, and how you came to like it.

not "hurr durr you're a retard and your music is ****"

Upvote 0
I'm going to assume, omarfw, that you know nothing of metal, because you seem to hate it so passionately without knowing that which you hate.

some of my favorite bands are apocalyptica, children of bodom, rob zombie, cannibal corpse and hatebreed. I listen to EVERYTHING. i still have my preferences though genre wise. I never said I hated metal.

you say you wait until you know what something is before you decide if you like it or not and yet you say you don't like DnB because you don't know what it is. :rolleyes:

oh well whatever, whine and pout all you want over something that wasn't supposed to be an insult. not my problem.

Upvote 0
heres a cake:

Coconut%20Strawberry%20Cake.jpg

I took a little piece just so ya no.

Upvote 0
some of my favorite bands are apocalyptica, children of bodom, rob zombie, cannibal corpse and hatebreed. I listen to EVERYTHING. i still have my preferences though genre wise. I never said I hated metal.

you say you wait until you know what something is before you decide if you like it or not and yet you say you don't like DnB because you don't know what it is. :rolleyes:

oh well whatever, whine and pout all you want over something that wasn't supposed to be an insult. not my problem.

Whatever mate, i'm over it.

You don't know me, i don't know you. I'm sick of arguing when an argument shouldn't have happened in the first place.

All i wanted was a thread about music discussion, not a massive argument :(

Upvote 0