• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual wield knifes and katanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual machetes = quick attack, moderate damage?
Katana = quick attack, heavy damage?

Dual machetes = insanely fast attack speed, short range, would be better than katana for groups of trash specs.
Katana = decent attack speed, medium range, good power. Everyone's favorite general purpose specimen slicer, the best weapon to have out in an uncertain situation.
Military-grade infantry morningstar? (my idea) = very slow attacks that come out slowly, but can kill multiple specs with a regular swing, alternate fire is an overhead swing with the power to insta-gib husks or stun a FP with a head shot (requires perfect timing). Has the longest reach by far as it is a pole weapon, but is inefficient against weaker specs and weighs a ton.

Those are just my ideas for what I'd like to see as the high tier berserker weapons. Each one serves a different purpose, so there would actually be a reason to carry them all at once. It would be nice not to even have to pull a gun except for crawlers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, katana, out of all zerker weapons, have the longest range.

Yes, but what about this new pole-arm-type weapon?

Surely a spear-like weapon has a longer range than a katana?

unless it's an odachi....

Nodachi.jpg

HW2392Main-Odachi.jpg

Yeah, the katana has the longest range. I stand corrected.

Upvote 0
@Major Liability

It has already been suggested that the fire axe should have a sweep attack with alt-fire. It is much better to make existing weapon more relevant than to add new weapons.

Also the only way a faster attack speed than katana would be useful -given that both weapons have no ammo- is if a single katana attack overkilled specs by a large margin. Given this is not the case, dual machetes would be like shooting a mp7 rather than an EBR.

Upvote 0
if you have a problem with it get out >:l other wise ignore it plain and simple

The only time you use any form of punctuation is in your emoticons...

I think I'm going to get out then. Give my regards to StarHero-A and B. Although I bet they are equally as proficient in their slaughter of syntax.

And since I'm leaving this thread, I will point out that syntax has nothing to do with punctuation. (In case anyone tries to grammar nazi the grammar nazi.)

Upvote 0
-_- yeah but knife should be dual wield as a extra not a default youd still have the single knife but you could pick up a extra one and use it i love using a chain saw with my bezerker perk specially against scrakes what about not katanas but dual short swords lol tripwire could be mean and put a iron knuckle weapon which would be even weaker as a default weapon and then youd have to pick up a knife else were

Offtopic:
Do you even know how to use commas and punctuations?

Upvote 0
Offtopic:
Do you even know how to use commas and punctuations?
I'm going to make this as direct and simple as i can. **** you, This isn't a goddamn English course, stop ****ing nitpicking everything to death, he can be understood just fine, there's no ****ing reason to be ripping on someone for their grammar spelling or punctuation.
Back on topic: dual wielding melee weapons seems very inefficient against raging monsters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there's no ****ing reason to be ripping on someone for their grammar spelling or punctuation.

Yeah, just like there's no reason to let people be stupid, right? School's there for a reason. It's also a good place to bash stupid people because they can't even do simple punctuation.

Seriously, would you rather read something written by a 5 year old, or a 18 year old when you're tired?

Upvote 0
Yeah, just like there's no reason to let people be stupid, right? School's there for a reason. It's also a good place to bash stupid people because they can't even do simple punctuation.

Seriously, would you rather read something written by a 5 year old, or a 18 year old when you're tired?
That post made no ****ing sense at all. And now hes five years old because of a lack of punctuation? Piss off.

Upvote 0
Dual wielding knives becomes problematic because of the nature of the knife as a default weapon with no weight or price.
9mm works and it's a default weapon with no weight or price, so it should be fine.
That post made no ****ing sense at all. And now hes five years old because of a lack of punctuation? Piss off.
It made perfect sense. Perhaps you also need to revise a bit of Ye Olde English to understand it, no? A little Anger Management course would work wonders also. You've made 15 posts total and so far, the 2 posts on this thread consist of 4 uses of the word ****. So why don't you kindly piss off until you learn to talk to people properly?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
9mm works and it's a default weapon with no weight or price, so it should be fine.
It made perfect sense. Perhaps you also need to revise a bit of Ye Olde English to understand it, no? A little Anger Management course would work wonders also. You've made 15 posts total and so far, the 2 posts on this thread consist of 4 uses of the word ****. So why don't you kindly piss off until you learn to talk to people properly?
You've got people here throwing **** about punctuation, and your telling ME to learn to talk to people properly? That's funny.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.