• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insane argument about Steam's new UI

use the much improved "mini Mode"

I use a lot of the community features of steam rather than only use it to play games. The mini mode only shows the game list pretty much, and I like to use all of it.

Personally I actually like the new game library because you see what friends got the game, and you get all the news from for instance kotaku for that title neatly packed together. Its the general size of for instance the default store page that annoy me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'm not one to complain about steam, but i have 1 issue with it -
My kid likes to play TF2.
But if he's playing it i can't play any of the other games i've purchased on my account.

Now i know you can say that games are not supposed to be transferable between different ppl, but obviously this is a bit different, and wouldn't be a problem with non steam games.
(He also like PVK2 and a few other mods but fortunately i have extra copies of HL2 so its not an issue.)

I understand they'll never let you create a 2nd account and transfer some of the games to it - they don't like you having an 2nd account full stop.
But that doesn't mean i have to like it.

now that's off my chest, as to the new UI, yeah its ok.

Upvote 0
The new UI is nice and few new features are ok, but otherwise it looks like someone just gave 10 year old kid 10 pounds of sugar, crack and speed and locked him (or her) up in a room with a PC and photoshop in terms of overall layout and organisation, as despite being 'ugly' the old UI had the courtesy of being convenient about regarding things.

Isn't 10yr olds on sugar, crack, and speed, locked in a room with thier PC (and likely have Photoshop) the typical Gamer Demographic these days?

If not, let me know, I've got to tell our web-team to resign some websites.

Upvote 0
Isn't 10yr olds on sugar, crack, and speed, locked in a room with thier PC (and likely have Photoshop) the typical Gamer Demographic these days?

If not, let me know, I've got to tell our web-team to resign some websites.
That was two years ago..... Its 12 year olds now. They still have their 10 year old mindset though.

Upvote 0