• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Status

i have no idea man lol. i think you have to be pretty creative in order to use a Mac, the poorly done GUI, the useless 1 button mouse, you have to be creative to figure it out.

Fiunny story: first week of college, moved into suite, settled in, blah, blah, card games, blah. Got acquainted with girls next door. All seemed nice enough. One asks, "how do you connect to the internet with my mac?"

Holy ****ing ****! I spent like 5 minutes just trying to figure out where the control panel was (almost confused it for a pc so i was looking for the windows start menu). And they say Macs are easy to use. That's after someone set everything up nice and pretty. Take away that, and most Mac-exclusive users are sitting ducks.

Upvote 0
Having to mess around with BIOS is not actually a negative point for PC, it's a negative point for Mac. You can't play with Mac BIOS because there is no such thing as Mac BIOS. Their equivalent called Open Firmware is no where near as robust or sophiscated as a modern day BIOS you find on PC motherboards. Back in the days to over or underclock a Mac you have to stuff around with motherboard jumpers and unsolder and resolder resisters of different ohms to adjust CPU voltage. I'm not sure if it's still the case with x86 architecture though.

With a PC, you just go into the BIOS and change the values for CPU multiplier and voltage and it just works.

Upvote 0
So when is the update out?

I'm sure that you are sick and tired of hearing this but just in general. Are we talking a few weeks or possibly months.

When you do, don't forget to rebuild the paths, in it's current state the zombies look stupid running back and forth because they can't get up to the level you are on etc. Just a reminder so no offence or anything like that.

I'm hoping that the balance patch also introduces female characters :D Now that's what I call balancing :p

Upvote 0
aside from helping with KEPT testing, i've pretty much given up on waiting around each day hoping for any KF or HOS news. so i do my usual forum, don't see any news, make a couple posts on anything i think is interesting and then join friends to play some L4D2 just because it's something else to keep me busy. suprisingly, i'm having more fun than expected with the game, but of course once that KF news arrives, i'll be back playing KF on a more regular basis.

let's hope for something come the week of may 14th :)

Upvote 0
A Mac version of KF for me will just be for convenience.

Mac's aren't useless at all, I use mine for film making. Final Cut Pro is a VERY useful program, much better than Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, etc. True, you can be creative w/ a PC, but some Mac programs just much easier to use with the same professional results.

Since I have both PC and Mac, might as well stick KF on it.

Upvote 0
I doubt that an update is close because I'm sure tripwire would advertise it all over steam and have a price drop at least a month beforehand so it gets people more hyped up and produces more WONGA.

As far as I know, they are currently working on RO:HOS and NOTHING else, which means KF update will come after they release RO2. And from what Ive read in the forums, seems like it will be released next year or later.

So, I guess we have to wait at least a year, maybe two, before KF gets any updates...

Upvote 0
As far as I know, they are currently working on RO:HOS and NOTHING else, which means KF update will come after they release RO2. And from what Ive read in the forums, seems like it will be released next year or later.

So, I guess we have to wait at least a year, maybe two, before KF gets any updates...

That isn't what is being said at all...

Upvote 0
Uninstall it if you want.

People who can't wait don't deserve this game anyway.

It's been a few months.

People in different games I've seen, for example, Counter Strike: Source. They've been abandoned. Only updates that apply to all Valve games have been added for that game. No actual updates to CS:S for YEARS.

TWI isn't going to abandon us like that.

It's highly improbable.

We love them, they love us. ;)

Upvote 0