• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Ghost" type specimen?

How about a specimen that is invulnerable for a period of time? Ghosts, anyone??? Greater difficulty = greater period of invulnerability.. suggestions?

You give 0 detail of this idea, and It seems like a bad one at that.

Yes, it would be able to attack, but slower movement to balance it.
Ithae, c'mon! its a basic idea

New member fight! You'll both do fine here. As a noob myself, let me advise you to get an interesting avatar so that I can remember you.

Interesting suggestion, I'd rather have the concept applied to the stalker though. Invulnerable while cloaked to everyone but the commando.

Upvote 0
New member fight! You'll both do fine here. As a noob myself, let me advise you to get an interesting avatar so that I can remember you.

Interesting suggestion, I'd rather have the concept applied to the stalker though. Invulnerable while cloaked to everyone but the commando.

Yes, an avatar and a signature are important for standing out in the KF community.

And yeah, applied to the stalker may or may not be easier for coding and dev purposes. And it gives commando a job that an M14 spammer can't do. Killing the fvck out of that invisible, untouchable b!tch again.

So, FP: "sharpie get it NAONAONAONAO"
Stalker: "commando get it NAONAONAONAO"

Just make scrakes super-vulnerable to fire and less resistant to headshots and we make perks useful!

Thanks for suggesting this. :D

Upvote 0
How fast would it be?

How much damage would it do on all 4 levels of difficulty?

What's the attack animation for when it starts ripping some poor player to shreds?

What's the sound it'll make, because all specs have a unique sound.

Does it reveal itself like the stalker when it attacks, or will it be just plain invisible to everything except commandos?

What niche does it supposedly fill that other specs don't, other than supposed game breaker if it does an overwhelming amount of damage?

Upvote 0
Id rather see a specimen which can go through walls but isnt invurnerable. Im not exactly sure how this would work out tho, because if he can go through walls, he could go through floors and ceiling too right? Which means he should be able to fly >_>? And that wouldnt work out very well I think..

Ahahahaha

Upvote 0
yeah you could have little ghosts that follow you while your back is turned but go invisible when you look at them!

boo.jpg

Upvote 0
Reminds me of phantasms from Blood. 2:00 and onwards:

YouTube - Blood E2M4 - The Overlooked Hotel

Well, basically, they phased into a vulnerable form only when attacking.

Well, I really don't think that ghost-like robed figure would fit into atmosphere of KF. Also, I think that going through walls would require all maps to be redone with this in mind, with unique ghost pathing, and still that would cause a sh**load of bugs, as some poor invisible bastard would get stuck in the void outside the map every wave.

Upvote 0
with unique ghost pathing, and still that would cause a sh**load of bugs, as some poor invisible bastard would get stuck in the void outside the map every wave.

Could be done by allowing only ghosting through doors (which would require some ai changes) and taking no damage while ghosting (which is done by time; like 30% ghosting - 70% normal). Any other ghosting would require pathing and vast ai updates- and tons of bugs that would take forever to iron out.

But honestly I think something that can sneak up and attack while not receiving damage would kind of kill in suicidal, though if it was the stalker it ends up being only about 16 damage while would be manageable. Would make stalkers more of a threat, too.

Upvote 0
O.O im gone for a day and this topic is on fire...

How fast would it be?
Probably slightly faster than a bloat, to balance.

How much damage would it do on all 4 levels of difficulty?
hmm.... initially 20 with a 15 % increase per level? or is that too weak?

What's the attack animation for when it starts ripping some poor player to shreds?
Hmm good question. heres a vote: Biting or literally shredding the poor person to bits?

What's the sound it'll make, because all specs have a unique sound.
not sure. kinda want something vaguely ghost-like...

Does it reveal itself like the stalker when it attacks, or will it be just plain invisible to everything except commandos?
I meant vaguely transparent. Not invisible because that would be unfair to the poor players. invulnerable is enough, its just transparent to indicate a state change.

What niche does it supposedly fill that other specs don't, other than supposed game breaker if it does an overwhelming amount of damage?
I'm trying to think of ways to balance it. It would do a great deal of damage, but slow movement would help. Honestly displacing a few bloats or flesh pounds would even it out too. For variety's sake. It's just that there really doesn't seem to be any extremely challenging types.

Upvote 0
Reminds me of phantasms from Blood. 2:00 and onwards:

YouTube - Blood E2M4 - The Overlooked Hotel

Well, basically, they phased into a vulnerable form only when attacking.

Well, I really don't think that ghost-like robed figure would fit into atmosphere of KF. Also, I think that going through walls would require all maps to be redone with this in mind, with unique ghost pathing, and still that would cause a sh**load of bugs, as some poor invisible bastard would get stuck in the void outside the map every wave.

Random: ^^^ Someone needs to make that into a KF map... id play it...

Upvote 0