• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A little question to TWI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently heard that Alex (The maker of the KF mod), can no longer continue to develop the KF mod what so ever in any way. I think thats a little unfair for him and any fans of the mod. Is this true, and if so, WHY???

he sold the rights for KF to TWI end of story.

PS: hes making Depth, so if anything, its good for him to finally be done with KF. he practically needs a restraining order against KF if anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
he sold the rights for KF to TWI end of story.

PS: hes making Depth, so if anything, its good for him to finally be done with KF. he practically needs a restraining order against KF if anything.

Well, I think Alex is glad to be working on something other than KF. Think about it. Wouldn't you be a little burned out working on the same thing for over 4 years?

Upvote 0
Well, I think Alex is glad to be working on something other than KF. Think about it. Wouldn't you be a little burned out working on the same thing for over 4 years?

ya thats why i said he needs a restraining order against it, everytime its been like, "ok im almost done with this project......" then the following happens:

-harddrive crash

-needs update

-game needs to be made into retail

so i think now hes finally sitting back, "awww sharks"

Upvote 0
who cares about the mod.. no one is playing it anymore. And it was way too glitchy.
I remember a guy with a Xan skin who used to glitch and exploit the game. He ran like flash... Then those money whor...... who were always looting. Specially a guy with the name Pappe. And then mahloe who was another glitcher... It ruined my game several times, that's the reason I left the game and played it only with friends.
The mod was full of exploiters, glitchers, etc.
Long live to this new kf. (and yeah I know the mod was the base to this kf...)

I'm glad that alex is working on a new game, good for him =)
Expecting to see some Sharkies =D

Upvote 0
who cares about the mod.. no one is playing it anymore. .....Specially a guy with the name Pappe. And then mahloe who was another glitcher...

i play the mod often because its actually hard unlike retail. and yeh die pappe, mahloeeh500, rajiliv, and whou were some of the WORST cheaters.

The guy with the Xan skin is Robot, he doesn't exploit and he is awesome.

more than one ppl use the Xan skin. in my time of playing KF mod ive probably seen 20 different ppl using a Xan skin.

I do!!! Own the game for 3 days now. Thanks to Mr. Dextronaut =3

haha, glad you find some enjoyment out of it. kf-heresy was awesome the other night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember a guy with a Xan skin who used to glitch and exploit the game. He ran like flash... Then those money whor...... who were always looting.

like hell you do...
I never used glitchs or exploits except weight carry so I can use LAW without support perk thing, plus im the one who fixed the exploits in maps (the ones that had -R in last of map's name) so why Im fixing them if I want to exploit?

but yeah... I used to be money whore... from KILLING!
lol and my friends call me money haxor when I reach to more than $10000 :D

The guy with the Xan skin is Robot, he doesn't exploit and he is awesome.

ty ty!

more than one ppl use the Xan skin. in my time of playing KF mod ive probably seen 20 different ppl using a Xan skin.

I don't remember someone used Xan except me, but I do remember people used Axon or Mr.Crow like [AM]D-E-A-T-H lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
like hell you do...
I never used glitchs or exploits except weight carry so I can use LAW without support perk thing, plus im the one who fixed the exploits in maps (the ones that had -R in last of map's name) so why Im fixing them if I want to exploit?

but yeah... I used to be money whore... from KILLING!
lol and my friends call me money haxor when I reach to more than $10000 :D

ty ty!

I don't remember someone used Xan except me, but I do remember people used Axon or Mr.Crow like [AM]D-E-A-T-H lol

Sorry to tell you this, but weight bug, it's an exploit. So it makes you an exploiter like other ppl who used to play the mod. And why not using the Spec perk to carry the law?? And probably you use the weight bug to run fast and carry more weaps.

Upvote 0
not really.

Sorry Robot to be an @$$ on this but hey, you did use the weight bug glitch, I mean hell almost everyone did and most of the time no one was really trying to, because it wasn't your fault. If a weapon was just hanging around that someone dropped, after 30 seconds the gun could be picked up even if you had max weight.

Upvote 0
Sorry Robot to be an @$$ on this but hey, you did use the weight bug glitch, I mean hell almost everyone did and most of the time no one was really trying to, because it wasn't your fault. If a weapon was just hanging around that someone dropped, after 30 seconds the gun could be picked up even if you had max weight.

In a game where you're all just trying to have fun, instead of there being loads of level whores, I think a glitch like the weight bug doesn't really infringe on other people's gameplay if the glitcher was still a good and thoughtful player.

Upvote 0
In a game where you're all just trying to have fun, instead of there being loads of level whores, I think a glitch like the weight bug doesn't really infringe on other people's gameplay if the glitcher was still a good and thoughtful player.

robot didnt really ruin ppls games. but the thing with the weight glitch is it would abuse the game mechanics:

the only person able to carry the LAW was the support, and we needed the LAW for fleshpounds, so the support had a big purpose, BUT that all goes out the window when EVERYONE in the game could carry 2 different shotguns, dualies, handcannon, bullpup, LAW, etc.

its not the worst of the worst as far as glitches go, there were worse back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back on topic, please? I heard Alex said that he couldn't do anything about the Miasma Clan and their rather useless community patch due to the fact he can no longer work on KF in any way, INCLUDING MAPS!!!

Alex has sold KF to TWI. end of story, you keep bringing it up as if theres something more to say about it.

Upvote 0
KF is a game now. I can't really see any point in continuing to dev the mod because doing so would negate the reason for having a game. THe same holds true for any game/mod moving from one platform to another in it's development lifespan. You know of any mods that have switched engines and decided to retroactively dev the previous version they moved away from?
No one had a problem w/ KF not going back to BF1942. The entire point is to move forward and going from mod to game was a huge step.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.