• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This game just made me produce feces in my pants.

Daxent

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2010
Maryland
Lets start off like this,

I've had Killing Floor since June 2009, so yes I was here before all the updates and free weekends and shizz, as well as being a old player of the mod as well.

Now, coming from a player of the mod, this game doesn't necessarily carry the same essence of horror that was found in the mod in my opinion. It is still a great game however, and it's a wonderful success story that Tripwire has made with the game, kudos to that.

However, on a certain game in KF-Filthscross, a rather unexpected turn of events happened...

6 man player game on KF-Filthscross, I kindly ask someone for a weapon as they respond "no". It was the 8th round on Normal (yes, I used to play on Hard/Suicidal, but I took a break from the game picking it back up in March, so cut me some slack).

We had stuck together. All of us. However, 5 of us failed and ended up having our characters on the floor. Either that or blown up. Regardless, they were dead.

A horde of specimens coming after me, I look at my partner's corpse and he has a hunting shotgun next to him. I pick it up, and I fire constantly at the crowd of specimens (yeah, I know a shotgun without penetration isn't very effective but it was the best thing I saw in sight, and keep in mind I had no grenades left or 9mm ammo).

So far so good, I had just killed 20 specimens and had about 30 to go.

But...

A scrake showed up. Now, I know that Scrakes are easy to deal with as a Commando. But again, a Hunting Shotgun with 0 penetration. Yeah.

The scrake bumrushed me and started to slice me down to bits, but then I discovered how effective the Hunting Shotgun REALLY was; one alt-fire and he's down.

However, there were still a crapload of other specimens so that put a lot of pressure upon me.

Down to the last 3 specimens, and my my, what a suprise.

A Scrake comes up the stairs. I figured, sure, only one scra-- TWO?! Lets try not to hit the one behind him.

And even more suprising, ANOTHER one showed up! That's 3 Scrakes to deal with, what to do?

I get up close to one at the point where he begins hacking at me with his chainsaw. I altfire, aiming STRAIGHT at his head. 12 shells left for my hunting shotgun, and lordy he is still living.

He ends up enraged and chases my *** all the way to the top of the stairs. I shoot at him one more time and he falls.

Unluckily, I hit the other Scrake doing it as he comes after me, and thank god for the Commando sped-up reload. In just the right time, I fire point blank into the Scrake's head, as he tumbles and falls down the stairs.

Now one more of these bad boys. Hang on, reload-- HE'S ENRAGED. It was a battle against time, I had 42 HP left as he races to finish me, however I move back as he swings at me with his chainsaw and I dodged, somehow. The Scrake's chainsaw BARELY missed me. Then I alt-fire once more as he falls to his death.

That last bit of experience had me at the edge of my seat. Thanks to Tripwire for making this masterpiece of entertainment.

Reactions: Frenetix
The only time I've ever sh!t myself while playing KF was when testing a map I'm making, basically, I was crawling through some air vents, and had triggered a spawn of crawlers. Now, I knew that there was a crawler spawn ahead of me, but what I forgot was that I had already passed a previous spawn, so when expecting them to come from the front right into my sights, a crawler jumped me from behind, I physically jumped, and turned round, firing off the best part of a mag at the wall trying to kill 1 crawler. :p

Upvote 0
I've jumped for the sky a few times on Killing Floor, it doesn't help that I have my contrast low so I get snuck on alot, but the last time was in a game of foundry.

Wave 10 of 10 I'm playing medic, and unfortunately at the start of the round I got seperated from my team by mistakenly jumping into the air as a husk shot at me on the top floor. Naturally the Husks psychic awareness that I was about to perform this action caused him to aim at my feet just to the side and propel me full swing off the side of the balcony.

I hurtled to the floor and landed with a nasty thud with only 12 health remaining, naturally I swapped to my medical syringe quick and started mashing the self heal button. Just as I applied to second application a particularly frisky group of Gorefasts hone into view and summarily bumrush me as I'm still waiting for the heal animation to complete.

They slap me about 3 times at about 80 hp and drop me down to 40 or so and take a nice chunk of my armour too. After Mp7ening them into oblivion I start trying to race back upstairs, dodging clots and spraying crawlers to get back to the rest of the group with about half my armour gone. Just as I make it to the top floor a couple of husks look over the rail and both give me a good *** toasting before I can get clear and back behind the group. The burn out left me on about 10 armour and confined me to the back of the pack for the rest of the round.

Round carries on and slowly players start to get picked off by nasty combinations of sirens, husks and scrakes and alike before finally I'm the sole survivor with about 20 specimens to go. In the confusion I get mobbed by a group of crawlers who chip off my last straggles of armour before I cut them down. I whip out my medic syringe and immediately turn around to go to heal. However just as I turn I hear a loud crunch of metal and a nasty screech to see a fleshpounds fists maybe 8 inches from my face. My right whipped hand forwards and my left hand physically lept off the keyboard as my character stood still staring at the ceiling while being chewed up into fleshpound gravy.

I was far too shook up to even start getting angry :p

Last edited:
Reactions: nezul
Upvote 0
i miss the days when the whole team would be like, "OMG FLESHPOUND!" and we would all do a focus fire on the FP with whatever weapons we had, hoping to gawd that we would kill him, best feeling ever.

now its like, "fp...." THUMPPPPPPP *fp has been killed by... a arrow wtf?!*

Yeah, I used to love it when the fleshpound came along and an awesome barrage of fire from various weapons ripped into him, then he got angry, mashed the nearest player like a potato, and got most of his limbs shot off by a hunting shotgun blast just before taking out a second player...

...True story.

Upvote 0