• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New player

jepremjan5

Apr 15, 2010
Hey there i am totaly new to killing floor, and have a few questions about it befor i consider buying the game. In the discription it says that u can play with 6 players co-op,: then how come i see like on youtube online gameplay footage of 50+ or 64+ or even 100 man rounds on a map?
Is this some sort of mod or sumthing ? and after i instaled the game, does in auto update ? and how can i get to play in a map with allot of players?
Also there was like a level depute or sumthing releasd some while ago with new weapons and maps and perks, how do i get my hands on that ?

Thanks in advanced :)

Wel, What exactly is a guest pass if i may ask?

Allows you to play the full game for free, usually 3 days. After that, you have to buy the game.

Once someone sends you a guest pass, you accept it through Steam and just start downloading the game, try it for that 3 days or what ever it lasts, and decide wether you want to buy the game after the trial period is over. Doesnt require any special keys or anything.

...and OF COURSE you want to buy it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, just wanted to state a few things here.

After playing with a guest pass for about 3 days now i must say i have injoyd the game very much and deffenetly planning to buy it ether 2 day or tommorow, the graphics of the game arrent the best but its so fun that you quikly forget about that. However there are still some things i did not like at all hoping that a mod wil read this and give it some thought.

1: Where the hell are the snipers ingame ?!

2: There are only 3, or a maximum of 4 servers that have about 20+ player standart, and the rest is like 6 players, GIVE moar servers with +30-40-50 players orso!

Upvote 0
1. it's called SharpShooter. learn it, love it, AND NEVER BUY AN M14!! go for skill, not spam. crossbow is the way to go

2. lol no. it was originally designed for teams of 6. seriously, the fewer people there are, the better teamwork and thus more fun it becomes

hit me up in steam some time and i'll play a round or two

player search for:
acolytetojippity

Upvote 0
im still not sure why ppl enjoy the 50 player servers so much haha. the balance is way out of whack, theres tons of lag, the map choices are limited, etc etc etc.

i think its just to chat or something, which is even more mind boggling because why would you start up KF so you can...... chat?!

^That basically, some players like the fact of playing and chatting with those who the enjoy the game in larger groups, I sure do.

And the other reason I like 6+ sometimes, its its just fun. The 6 player limit after a while gets a bit stale. Even though the number of players throws balance out the window, it can provide unique moments that you'll never forget. For example: Day of release, 100 player server, no lag, 1st wave, poundonium mut. It was awesome to see everyone go medic and berserker then work as a team. Eventually everyone died by wave 4/5, but still it was good fun.

Upvote 0
^That basically, some players like the fact of playing and chatting with those who the enjoy the game in larger groups, I sure do.

And the other reason I like 6+ sometimes, its its just fun. The 6 player limit after a while gets a bit stale. Even though the number of players throws balance out the window, it can provide unique moments that you'll never forget. For example: Day of release, 100 player server, no lag, 1st wave, poundonium mut. It was awesome to see everyone go medic and berserker then work as a team. Eventually everyone died by wave 4/5, but still it was good fun.

what do you mean day of release? it took like a month before people knew about the 240+ player servers O_O because of some console command if im correct? that later turned into a mutator. :p

30+ servers are fun because you cant hear each other and you cant really chat because 4/30 people will be your friend talking too you, the rest might later become your friends but they will just interrupt you till then, then you have to retype what you said, then a flesh pound comes and no one is prepared :D! (scrake/ your pick...) THEN! you die :/ and the wave is over and 20/30 players rage quit ;D!

Upvote 0
30+ servers are fun because you cant hear each other and you cant really chat because 4/30 people will be your friend talking too you, the rest might later become your friends but they will just interrupt you till then, then you have to retype what you said, then a flesh pound comes and no one is prepared :D! (scrake/ your pick...) THEN! you die :/ and the wave is over and 20/30 players rage quit ;D!

sounds intense! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0