• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NeosWolvenkin

Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2009
I've unintalled KF and reinstalled it recently, so I know that's not the fix for this problem. In game my flashlight literally does nothing for me. I can go into dark areas and get grabbed by a clot, I'll turn the flashlight on and despite him being right there holding me, the flashlight does nothing to illuminate him. The only way I'm able to play in darker levels is by having the brightness up so I can see in the dark. Now that I think about it, this might be because I play with shadows turned off, I'll test that theory later, but is there any other reason my flashlight doesn't work?

For those who want to make stupid replies, yes the flashlight is turned on.

I've unintalled KF and reinstalled it recently, so I know that's not the fix for this problem. In game my flashlight literally does nothing for me. I can go into dark areas and get grabbed by a clot, I'll turn the flashlight on and despite him being right there holding me, the flashlight does nothing to illuminate him. The only way I'm able to play in darker levels is by having the brightness up so I can see in the dark. Now that I think about it, this might be because I play with shadows turned off, I'll test that theory later, but is there any other reason my flashlight doesn't work?

For those who want to make stupid replies, yes the flashlight is turned on.

Check your video settings, and make sure that shadows and dynamic lights are turned on.

Upvote 0