• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HA here comes the creep train, CHOO CHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, he's right, they call it a cognitive bias. :)

you might think: "haha, look at all those creeps getting riled up over a girl, losers". But at the same time you're white knighting cojax by acting like you stand above all the 'omg-a-gurl-creeps' and posting 'funny' oneliners that will make her like you more (or so you think).

internet-white-knight.jpg

L O L xDDD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesn't make you less of a white knight :p

A "White Knight" is someone who leaps to the defense of a "damsel in distress" in the hopes of winning her fancy.

Sorry mate, but the term does not apply, Cojax was in no distress and i didn't present any defense, now if someone else had said "you're probably a dude!" and i had "bravely" lept to the defense of the damsels honour, THAT would have been White Knighting, infact that's pretty much the textbook example of it.

Poking fun at an internet forum trend is not White Knighting, and what i said was fundamentally no different from what [TW]schneidzekk said, i was poking fun at "internet bloke syndrome", using myself as the example because i'm a nice guy who didn't want to step on anyone's toes in particular, i was just fishing for a laugh or two.
Or would you like to argue that Chris is also a "White Knight"?

Now comes the fun part where i get to be a jerk:

On the other hand, i could argue that you are showing classic "male rivalry" behaviour here, attacking percived rivals to impress the lady are we?
And why stop there? i could just as easilly accuse you of projecting your own hormone fueled desires and motivations onto me, setting yourself up to play the "White Knight", so you can bravely protect the damsels honour from my "sleazy comons".
I can keep going if you want, it's real easy to throw around dirty little accusations like this, and i've got a million of them lined up.. it is, however, not very classy, and it demeans the both of us, so i suggest we cork it here.

Upvote 0
A "White Knight" is someone who leaps to the defense of a "damsel in distress" in the hopes of winning her fancy.

Sorry mate, but the term does not apply, Cojax was in no distress and i didn't present any defense, now if someone else had said "you're probably a dude!" and i had "bravely" lept to the defense of the damsels honour, THAT would have been White Knighting, infact that's pretty much the textbook example of it.

Poking fun at an internet forum trend is not White Knighting, and what i said was fundamentally no different from what [TW]schneidzekk said, i was poking fun at "internet bloke syndrome", using myself as the example because i'm a nice guy who didn't want to step on anyone's toes in particular, i was just fishing for a laugh or two.
Or would you like to argue that Chris is also a "White Knight"?

Now comes the fun part where i get to be a jerk:

On the other hand, i could argue that you are showing classic "male rivalry" behaviour here, attacking percived rivals to impress the lady are we?
And why stop there? i could just as easilly accuse you of projecting your own hormone fueled desires and motivations onto me, setting yourself up to play the "White Knight", so you can bravely protect the damsels honour from my "sleazy comons".
I can keep going if you want, it's real easy to throw around dirty little accusations like this, and i've got a million of them lined up.. it is, however, not very classy, and it demeans the both of us, so i suggest we cork it here.

fridaydamnlarge0012dl5ei.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.