• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: KF DeathMatch/Team DeathMatch

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
I wrote 2 different game modes:

DeathMatch
You spawn in a random point of a normal KF map with default weapons (knife/9mm/syringe/welder/1 grenade) and your objective is to find and kill other players. Throughout the map random weapon/ammo/armor pickups will appear and from time-to-time a random trader door will open. The winner is whoever gets the most kills (eighter when timelimit runs out or someone reaches goal score).

Team DeathMatch
This is a more of a Counter Strike gameplay; 2 teams, round based gameplay. All team members spawn in same spot, the spawn point is the safe zone aswell as shopping area for first 30 seconds of the round. You earn cash from killing enemies and being on the winning team. The team that won most rounds be the end of timelimit or goal team score, is the winner.

This mod has also full bot support (however they are pretty easy yet), to add or remove bots from in game type in console command:
AddBots <number of bots>
KillBots <number of bots>
example, to add 4 more bots to the game: AddBots 4

Download from here: [url]http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/KFDeathMatch.zip[/URL]
- Unzip ALL files to killingfloor\System folder.

I implemented 2 batch files to easly start the game in offline mode to play vs bots:
StartDM.bat - Begin DeathMatch on Manor.
StartTDM.bat - Begin Team DeathMatch on Manor.

As for multiplayer, it's best to setup Voting GameConfig for those gametypes and enable map vote.

Please report here any bugs or suggestions.

maybe, but it doesn't have bots =P
and when the specimen kills player, he dont lose score
plus I think marco can make it more way better since he's been coding for UT2k4 and KFmod

btw marco.. I barely can find weapons in the map, can u make it more chance to spawn weapons?

P.S.
in TDM, I think you should let the player keep his weapon for next round when he win and put some red/blue arrow next to your teammate's health bar or small red/blue lights on teammate's shoulders like in UT instead of red/blue all over the skin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
btw marco.. I barely can find weapons in the map, can u make it more chance to spawn weapons?
There is an option for it directly on WebAdmin while you're hosting, but for offline you can edit KillingFloor.ini:

[KFDeathMatch.KFDM]
NumAmmoSpawns=3
NumWeaponSpawns=2

You can rate those values.

in TDM, I think you should let the player keep his weapon for next round when he win
I didn't want that for balance between losing and winning players, but guess I could add an option for it.

put some red/blue arrow next to your teammate's health bar or small red/blue lights on teammate's shoulders like in UT instead of red/blue all over the skin.
The skins were minimal effort work to detect between teams. I do not want to add any coloured parts to the skins as it would require making unique for each skin. As for the arrow on health bar.... could just aswell make it show health bar for friends, and show nothing for enemies while using normal skins (since you don't want arrows over enemies to spoil their hideouts).

can you make new option for DM and TDM that spawns random specimens and attacks anyone?
Sounds like an interesting and doable idea.

Upvote 0
There is an option for it directly on WebAdmin while you're hosting, but for offline you can edit KillingFloor.ini:

[KFDeathMatch.KFDM]
NumAmmoSpawns=3
NumWeaponSpawns=2

You can rate those values.

oh didn't know that, is it possible to do the same thing for TDM?
like:
[KFDeathMatch.KFTDM]
NumAmmoSpawns=3
NumWeaponSpawns=2

I didn't want that for balance between losing and winning players, but guess I could add an option for it.
thats true

The skins were minimal effort work to detect between teams. I do not want to add any coloured parts to the skins as it would require making unique for each skin. As for the arrow on health bar.... could just aswell make it show health bar for friends, and show nothing for enemies while using normal skins (since you don't want arrows over enemies to spoil their hideouts).
yeah I think just health bar for friends is enough without ruining the skins

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh didn't know that, is it possible to do the same thing for TDM?
like:
[KFDeathMatch.KFTDM]
NumAmmoSpawns=3
NumWeaponSpawns=2
Yes.

The full list of options for DeathMatch:
[KFDeathMatch.KFDM]
GoalScore=10 // Match score limit (0=infinitive)
TimeLimit=14 // Match time limit in minutes (0=infinitive)
KillCashAward=150 // Cash award for killing a player
NumAmmoSpawns=3 // Number of ammo pickups at once
NumWeaponSpawns=2 // Number of weapon pickups at once
InitGrenadesCount=1 // Number of grenades you got on respawn
MinPlayers=4 // Bots count
bHandicapMode=true // Players with killing spree get their weapons on lower efficiency

Team DeathMatch:
[KFDeathMatch.KFTDM]
GoalScore=5
TimeLimit=14
KillCashAward=300
NumAmmoSpawns=3
NumWeaponSpawns=2
InitGrenadesCount=1
MinPlayers=4
bHandicapMode=true
RoundTimeLimit=5 // Time limit in minutes one round may take (beyond that time peoples health will stop dropping until they die).
RoundWinCashAward=200 // Cash award for all players on winner team in one round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cant seem to get this working.
The .bat files don't work for me so I tried the console commands.
When I get in-game I at the ready screen but if I press ready nothing happens.
Does anyone know whats going on?
(Running it on Vista, Steam version)
EDIT: Team deathmatch works, just normal won't for some reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol ok i thought so just wanted to double check before i download ok so it works i enjoy it is there any way you could put it as a mutator that you enable when you want deathmatch to commence on the map select screen as opposed to using the command console, i have no problem doing it id just have an easier time playing with my friends who arnt so you know pc gamer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cant seem to get this working.
The .bat files don't work for me so I tried the console commands.
When I get in-game I at the ready screen but if I press ready nothing happens.
Does anyone know whats going on?
(Running it on Vista, Steam version)
EDIT: Team deathmatch works, just normal won't for some reason.

I'm having the same problem, it was pretty recently this occurred, I use to have it on my server from time to time, but now i could not use the ready button in KFDM.

Also I can not make the gametypes stick to the server anymore, whenever I enable KFTDM it gets removed after mapchange. I did try to add it to server commandline, which did not work either.

Anyway there it is.

Upvote 0