• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Pacific [Band of Brothers II]

Mine too. SNAFU is by far my favorite character and is very refreshing when every other character just looks like theyre conjuring up some deep dramatic dialogue to unleash on everyone. The battles are all incredible though. But yet again, roughly 40min of actual episode...!

40 minutes are normal for a show like that, add 20 minutes of ads and you have an one hour show

Upvote 0
*BUMP*

guess the topic was quit because you all where satisfied for one reason or the other...EP 9 has some hardcore moments i wont spoil for you rite now...:eek:

No, I stopped posting because I simply wrote it off as crap.

If I can't watch something due to it being too dark for both my TV and my desktop monitor and my laptop, it IS crap.

Upvote 0
Well, I still really like the series, including the non-combat scenes (I must be a very emo person :p). The last three episodes were especially good. And that SNAFU character has grown on me. At first I thought he was a bit odd because of his accent and voice, but now I think he's one of the strongest characters of the series. He is a psycho mother****er with huge bags underneath his eyes who seems almost completely indifferent to the carnage around him. He is the Trombley of The Pacific. What's not to like? :D

No, I stopped posting because I simply wrote it off as crap.

If I can't watch something due to it being too dark for both my TV and my desktop monitor and my laptop, it IS crap.

So you think it's crap because the .avi compression doesn't let you see all the details? The night scenes aren't too dark for me at all. I'm afraid it's your settings dude.

Upvote 0
Well, I still really like the series, including the non-combat scenes (I must be a very emo person :p). The last three episodes were especially good. And that SNAFU character has grown on me. At first I thought he was a bit odd because of his accent and voice, but now I think he's one of the strongest characters of the series. He is a psycho mother****er with huge bags underneath his eyes who seems almost completely indifferent to the carnage around him. He is the Trombley of The Pacific. What's not to like? :D

So you think it's crap because the .avi compression doesn't let you see all the details? The night scenes aren't too dark for me at all. I'm afraid it's your settings dude.

Snafu is pretty much outstanding. I've known guys like him. I really think they nailed the combat vet who's seen just too much when they did him, but he's just about the only bright spot of the show.

As far as crap ... I think it's crap, and I've never tried watching it on my computer. I've got a 50" HDTV, not LCD so there's no contrast ratio issues, and I've tried watching it both on the regular old non-HD HBO and the HD version as well, and it still looks way too effing dark, unless you've got super-bright broad daylight scenes. I don't have this problem with any other shows.

I will NOT adjust my television just to watch one show, then put it back to the regular settings for everything else.

Upvote 0
I think the last episode was the most intense and gruesome. Now that it's pretty much over however, I will say that the Pacific does not come close to Band of Brothers. The production values were good, but whereas every episode of Band of Brothers was memorable and engaging, only about half of the Pacific really had me interested. Interesting characters like Captain Andy Haldane, Elmo 'Gunny' Haney, and Merriel "Snafu" Shelton come in half-way through the series and weren't even the main focus of the series.

Upvote 0