• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlock KF's full gore potential

omarfw

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Here Be Dragons
www.last.fm
In KF the default settings in the ini for gore are as follows:

lowgore:false
gorelevel:2

Obviously when you set this to 0, you get the broken neck effect.

I tweaked around and typed in 100, but found that the max value for gorelevel is 10 in the in-game console preferences. In my INI it says 100, so i dunno if this is at 10 or 100.

So I recorded the results. What i found is a look for the gore that is what I think it should look like by default.

YouTube - KF Gore Level 10

The gibs fly farther and there are more of them; there still isn't a ridiculous amount of blood but it does fly farther. It makes blowing up specimens feel much more realistic and satisfying.

Can't we have this by default?

Last edited:
one of those exploits you can only reach by modifying your max running speed. the other...well lets just say the kept isn't going to give it a very good review.

on further investigation, i've found that setting the gore level to 10 produces the same effects as level 100. and anything above level 2 sometimes leads to specimens sometimes blipping out of existence upon death.

Upvote 0