• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Again, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang and depends on the context.

"Slang" isn't an excuse for popular misconceptions.

It's like excusing the people that call a computer case a "CPU" and a monitor a "computer" by calling it slang.

A bullet is not a cartridge and a clip is not a magazine, period. It's not pedantry or nitpicking, it's just how it is. And it literally takes NO effort to call something what it is rather than to perpetuate ignorance by being habitually incorrect.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
I am a former Marine as well. I served from 2000-2005. I am a Marine, but it would be more precise to say that I am a former Marine or a former active duty Marine if I want it made clear that I wasn't a reservist.

ex-Marines rape, pillage, and assassinate presidents. Marine is a title that is earned, but I can be taken from you in the eyes of those who really matter--other Marines.

The only time I hear of a murderer or rapist being referred to as a Marine is by the press because they like sensationalism and organizations falling from grace. We had two Marines get charged with attempted murder of an inoccent woman. They stopped being Marines at that instant. They are disowned ex-Marines. The title is gained and lost through actions. Period.

The other gentleman said that the avid gun nut living in the woods knows more than an average grunt about the internal mechanisms of his carbine. He is absolutely right. The grunt is not a gunsmith. The gun zealot in the woods may vary well be. He may also fill his rounds, know exactly when his rifling is worn out, etc. The grunt is trained on how to neutralize the enemy without getting himself or his team killed. He knows everything about his weapon that allows him to do this. Do you think an average NASCAR race driver would rebuild his own engine like a master machinist? No way.

However, his statement about only 100 rounds a year is complete shiii. While it may apply to Canada, it is not the case with Marine or Army grunts. I don't know where that even came from. It surely wasn't from a infantryman in this country (active duty).

Great dialog, though. You both had great points.

P.S.
The SCAR is fine the way it is. Maybe take the scope off and put it on the sniper's MBER14.

Upvote 0
Negative!

And oh yes. I know that Mk 16 (and 17) are both variants of SCAR (5.56 and 7.something)

5.56x45mm NATO and 7.62x51mm NATO.

thanks for the pics of the scars

No problem, nothing a little Googling won't do as well.

I was kind of disappointed when I saw the M14 for the first time. What good are all those rails if you're not hanging $2000 worth of battery-operated crap from them?

Truer words have not been spoken.

I'd like the EBR to have a foregrip, some kind of peripheral and a torch (flashlight for you americans) attached, seeing as the EBR has a very TACTICOOL appearance.

Upvote 0
Speaking of the Mk 16 Mod 0....

MK16MOD0SOCOM.jpg

Overkill much?:D
Dude, when i looking at your picture, i just thinking "That would be overkill." then i notice your "Overkill much?:D" i laugh pretty hard.

Upvote 0
You are debating guns in a game where grenades are less effective at killing things than xbow bolts.

Consistency gentlemen, consistency.

Absolutely. It almost makes it excusable when people who don't know better start dropping them like firecrackers on FF servers. Who would think that a mostly naked mutant standing in the kill radius would need more than one?

Upvote 0