• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How you deal with your customers....

zyn

Apr 5, 2010
Germany
Hey guys,
I'm really frustrated about how you deal with your fans.

I support you since day one and now I get a asskick for it.

I bought Red Orchestra over STEAM on it's release day and had a lot of fun playing it.
Now, after some time I installed and played it again and what is ? My damn game is C-U-T.......I only have the options no gore and reduced gore in the options..........WHY WHY THE HELL ?

When I bought the game it was F-U-L-L U-N-C-U-T why did you that to my game AFTER I bought it full uncut ?

It's the law when I buy the game in a local games shop.
But it hastn't to do anything with a version of that game bought in a foreign country.

Look at VALVE if you import theier games and activate them over steam you have the full gore.....for example L4D1 + 2, HL1, HL2 EP2, TF2.......

And the games above are BANNED for theier gore here in germany......

It's so stupid that little developer are influence by the wrong interpretation of the german law.

I don't whant to get a pirate copy of RO 1 and in the future 2 to get it uncut....

Upvote 0
At the time RO upgraded to an updated form of steamworks, we lost the ability to keep the previous uncut builds uncut (that system worked by cdkey). We had nothing in place at the time to deal with the change.

However in our future products such as Killing Floor, we made changes to the code so it would recognize out of country versions and versions purchased on steam before the german retail release and remain uncut. Versions purchased in Germany at retail and those purchased on steam after the retail release are cut.

But there is sadly nothing we can do to go back and set this system up for RO as we do not know who would get uncut builds and we can not give uncut builds to people who are supposed to have cut ones.

Upvote 0
I'm sure it is interesting, but, frankly...

I think part of the impact of Red Orchestra is in the extended gore. Playing Red Orchestra so long has really severely impacted my perspective on war...watching myself blow into 5 bloody pieces thousands of times has done quite a bit for my willingness to charge into a real armed conflict.

Upvote 0