• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of Stalingrad Release Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope thats some typo, or a sick joke because having to wait another year is almost unbelievable.

TWI PLZ can you make some sort of announcement.
This isn't a government agency you run, surely the earth will not stop spinning if u tell us the game is expected in 2010/2011.

Ffs, we are all still playing a game where the community has shrunk, not been new material out in ages. We are going to blindly buy the game because we are loyal, so how about cutting us some slack and let us know.

The question I have, if this is such a guarded secret, why can the publisher freely publish this on their site, but the actual brains behind the operation cannot?

[/RANT]

Upvote 0
When Tripwire has a date to announce, it will be announced.

I still don't understand this at all.
Perhaps my lack of game publishing is at fault here.
Game Publisher posts the release window, but this is somehow not connected to the guys who actually make the game...

Why do TWI allow them to post what must be lies if it is not the correct release date?
TWI say they have no release date, but the publisher seem to know it?

I am going away to break something now :mad:

Upvote 0
i suppose that if you have a "window" you kinda stop caring.

for example, what if they said in 2006 when they released RO:Ost that their next game would come out around 2010/2011?

would you be active in the forums during 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 etc... ?

no, you just forget and one day you remember... oh well, they should be releasing the game soon, then you come here and find a half dead forum, you had missed Killing Floor etc...

Upvote 0
There are those of us here who hoped in late 2008 that it might come around in 2009.

Then in 2009 we hoped with good reason that the game would be out by the middle of 2010. Now that that looks highly unlikely, we settle yet again for 'they're taking their time to get it right, be patient it's gonna be GREAT' and hunker down for Q4/2010.

Then we get some inkling that Q4/2010 might actually be Q2/2011. Read 'June 2011' there. This is disheartening to say the least, especially in light of only getting small bits and pieces of 3rd hand information intermittently over the past many months. All we have gotten from TWI is 'we'll say so when we say so'.

Believe me, I too am one of the many who will buy this game the instant I can...and I will do my best to sell it to as many people as I can. I have played mostly RO since it came out in 2006. I have played mostly RO since 2006, having bought the game the week it came out retail. I went over to CoD4 for a while, and played quite a bit of DoD...but neither of those games combined amount to the hours I have spent with RO. And for a long time now again, RO, DH and KF are all I play. I mean literally ALL I play....when no one else hardly in my clan does.

Trust me, I'm not 'demanding' anything...TWI doesn't owe me squat. All I'm saying is what a lot of other people are saying: this wait is becoming interminable and really wearing on our collective psyche.

Peace.
Who.

Upvote 0
It wouldnt bother me at all if it took another full year to have the most definitive WWII experience yet to date. We've all been giving some meaty suggestions over the years, so i would imagine there is a lot to sort through (including all of the goodies TWI imagined in their own minds that couldnt be realized with the older engine). Besides, it gives me time to buy the massive machine I'll be wanting for just this title ;).

Take your time boys... and make it an experience we'll never forget :cool:.

Upvote 0
not that i can't, but i'm really in no mood to wait another full year. sorry, but i've personally grown a bit impatient after 4 years of the "it's ready when it's ready" attitude. the first couple years "ha ha funny guys, we trust you", but after a while it grows old. not that it makes me think any less of TW, but it's disheartening to loyal costumers to sit and wait for so long with nothing of interest for 6 months at a time.

it's like somebody inviting you to join a game and you say "well i'm eating this ice-cream cone, but i'll be done in about 5-10 minutes so i will join you then". you can obviously make a general estimate for how much longer it will take you to finish eating your ice-cream. after 3+ years, TW should have at least some general estimate as to how much longer production is going to take. the fact that they won't even confirm a month, quarter, now let alone a YEAR is concerning. i mean, is there something else really going on? just stopped working on the game? about to go bankrupt? when you don't say hardly anything, people get thinking on their own and nothing good ever comes out of that.

i can't seriously believe it would take 18 months to get to release from alpha.....we know alpha was by august with the demo videos. it's been 8 months and should at least be at beta stage. i know TW isn't the largest developer in the industry but still, 8 months.......or should we just start calling the game Resistance and Liberation: Heroes of Stalingrad since it appears it will never get out of alpha stage?

Upvote 0
bs said:
the fact that they won't even confirm a month, quarter, now let alone a YEAR is concerning. i mean, is there something else really going on? just stopped working on the game? about to go bankrupt?

Yeah.. I think it's time you reeled in those thoughts. Letting a thought like bankrupcy being the reason for their silence creep into your mind is really underestimating Wilsonam's ability to add and subtract.

I don't know if you guys are 'putting on' this kind of pressure in hopes they'll break and tell you something, but it's kinda sad to see you impatiently beg. They're probably loving every minute of it.

You'll know it's in beta when you see community members testing it. Until then, keep your pants on :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.