• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

kapulA, your signature reminds me one thing.......why do all the videogames/models/RC models/hand drawings etc. show always, ALWAYS, the earlier model of IS-2 (model 1943) produced in low number, and not the late and "standard" model 1944 produced in more than 3.400 exemplars? :confused:

EDIT:

(red line shows the angle of the armour)

model 1943 (sort of prototype)

is2mod1943.png

model 1944 (definitive model)

is21944.png

Also, the model 1944 has a rate of fire of 2/3 rpm against the 1/2 rpm of model 1943

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kapulA, your signature reminds me one thing.......why do all the videogames/models/RC models/hand drawings etc. show always, ALWAYS, the earlier model of IS-2 (model 1943) produced in low number, and not the late and "standard" model 1944 produced in more than 3.400 exemplars? :confused:

EDIT:

(red line shows the angle of the armour)

model 1943 (sort of prototype)

is2mod1943.png

model 1944 (definitive model)

is21944.png

Also, the model 1944 has a rate of fire of 2/3 rpm against the 1/2 rpm of model 1943

Because Flames of War (the Tabletop game that this pic is taken from) has both models.

Real answer:

Because the IS2 THE GREATEST TANK OF WWII does not need upgrading.
You can't make a perfect design any better.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... every time i head by the history forum i think some other twit has come along and made this claim; then i realise necromancy has been performed... again...

Also I would seriously doubt the JS2 to be the best tank of ww2, what with that pathetically thin turret that basically screams "hit me here you kraut ******"

besides were I a german soldat in ww2 i would be much less afraid of tanks then infantry. tanks shoot you or explode you or kill you, enemy soldiers can capture you...

Upvote 0