• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

Very On-Topic.

Basically, I don't know how to start playing this mod. I don't want to read through 20 pages of stuff and I wish there was a nice neat summary haha

So here's my list of noob questions:
Only certain servers run it? Is there an updated list?
And when someone lists their server as 47632235#### w/e, where do you input that to find the server?

What do I have to download to play? Just the latest version of Awesomeclotzip thing? Is that on the first page or do I have to search the posts for it?

Upvote 0
Yes, it's on first page, there also u can find server IPs u can join to play versus, but problem is not all servers got it updated so they run older versions...
And dun worry, u dun have to search for news, ALL is ALWAYS on the first page (or at least I am trying to make Cheetah tell all in 1st page, but appearantelly he's sometimes too lazy to listen :p)
Just download it, unpack all in "System" folder of KF and u can play it even solo (remember to set bots right then) and have fun (bots kinda dun let u have fun but u can train away from them :p)

Upvote 0
Don't argue with moderators of the forum...
But ye, 2 guys started trolling and alot of posts got deleted, kind of unfair, especially that I pointed out one important question - what to do with spawning mode? Clot happens to be not really a good idea since he can get stuck in some areas, and sometimes ur spawn mode stars in place u can't get out from cuz of too low seilings etc. I think the spawn mode should be more like a tiny pixel/dot. ANother problem with spawn mode is the "soap ride" which I mentioned many times. When u stop, u expect ur "clot" to stop, but he appearantelly gets soap-ride so it's hard to really choose the place to spawn at. And another thing is - the huds. It sometimes happens that u can see own characters (but I think it's just on listen servers and solo play) and that u can c spawning-mode huds (not really good in aestetics ways).

And yeah, the versions updates might be problem. I think each version should include different name is it was used to be before (like numbers, like Awesomeclot 200, 201, 202 etc) INCLUDED IN README TOO so ppl won't get confused and would update the servers imidiatelly. Another idea is we, forum users, should go on every server which doesn't run B4 and try to contact owner of the server about B4/latest updated Versus. I unfortunatelly can't do that myself since my server browser is... kind of acting retarded latelly and doesn't show all servers, even when all filters are off...

Any propositions, reports and opinions about some parts of versus, please, tell all now or be silenced forever! :) I really want it to be ready ASAP with all ironed out! :D
He was wrong. Simple as that. Last I checked, sedition was still legal.

Anyhow, I wasn't here for the trolling. That sucks, But, I had legitimate posts in here too, that he apparently made the mistake of deleting.

A pixel wouldn't be a good idea, because then they could slide in under doors and stuff- doors like the trader's door. That would be bad, especially if the trade had a box or something you could hide behind to spawn in the room.

What do you mean by "soap-ride"...?

Anyhow, I'd like to mention that it seems you can see the flashlights of clots that haven't spawned yet.

Very On-Topic.

Basically, I don't know how to start playing this mod. I don't want to read through 20 pages of stuff and I wish there was a nice neat summary haha

So here's my list of noob questions:
Only certain servers run it? Is there an updated list?
And when someone lists their server as 47632235#### w/e, where do you input that to find the server?

What do I have to download to play? Just the latest version of Awesomeclotzip thing? Is that on the first page or do I have to search the posts for it?
Download the newest files, put them in your "System" folder, and then, if you're hosting a server or playing one-player, enable it in the mutators tab, and configure it however you like. If you want to join a server, right click in the server list in multiplayer, and click "Join IP". Then type it in like: IP:port , where IP is 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 and port is 0 - 65535 , although the port will usually be 7707.

Upvote 0
A pixel wouldn't be a good idea, because then they could slide in under doors and stuff- doors like the trader's door. That would be bad, especially if the trade had a box or something you could hide behind to spawn in the room.

Oh yes, yeah, u r rite, that'd be bad idea... so what about just a "ball"?

What do you mean by "soap-ride"...?

hehe try to run and then step on soap, and look what it does to you.
Then play KF Versus and in spawning mode RUN/FLY VERY FAST and then dun click any key and look if he stops. Yeah, he does what you did when you ran on the soap.

Download the newest files, put them in your "System" folder, and then, if you're hosting a server or playing one-player, enable it in the mutators tab, and configure it however you like. If you want to join a server, right click in the server list in multiplayer, and click "Join IP". Then type it in like: IP:port , where IP is 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 and port is 0 - 65535 , although the port will usually be 7707.

Or easier as I said: Download from main page, unpack in "System" folder and type in console "open X" where X stands for the IP which you can find on the first page of this forum topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In any event, I've noticed that sometimes (and I'm afraid I can't come up with a conclusive reason why this is possible), the bloat can get his vomit through a closed trader door.

If u read before carefully u'd know that have been reported way too many times before... and I know reason - same like Husk, Bloat's textures can get through thin walls and some doors, so they can hit through as if the wall/door didn't exist, tho it really needs to be thin. So is the trader door. I think the best way to fix it is to disable speciments attacks while trader door closes and humans are inside, or simply make bloats and husks die when trader door closes. But I think Cheetah already fixed that issue as it's been reported so many times.

Upvote 0
If u read before carefully u'd know that have been reported way too many times before... and I know reason - same like Husk, Bloat's textures can get through thin walls and some doors, so they can hit through as if the wall/door didn't exist, tho it really needs to be thin. So is the trader door. I think the best way to fix it is to disable speciments attacks while trader door closes and humans are inside, or simply make bloats and husks die when trader door closes. But I think Cheetah already fixed that issue as it's been reported so many times.
I didn't say the textures could get through, I said sometimes the vomit can get through. As in, to cause damage. And it doesn't seem to matter as far as stage or position goes, it just seems to be random on whether or not it will work. If it was just textures, it wouldn't matter, as it'd just be outing the bloat's position to everyone in the trader room.

Upvote 0
I didn't say the textures could get through, I said sometimes the vomit can get through. As in, to cause damage. And it doesn't seem to matter as far as stage or position goes, it just seems to be random on whether or not it will work. If it was just textures, it wouldn't matter, as it'd just be outing the bloat's position to everyone in the trader room.

You are wrong Mister. Sorry for telling that, but the Bloat's vomit does NOT cause ANY damage if is too far away from the trader doors. Does gt through, yes, but doesn't damage. To DAMAGE his head textures need to get through trader doors, and then the vomits cause damage. That matters how far away u r (ur head) and it's not random. Probably a lag if u saw it different, or just some different map with some bugged trader doors or something, that I can't really tell. But that doesn't matter as far as Cheetah is working on it still, or just made it before. PLEASE search for something fresh. All I can come up with is making spawn textures a dot/ball/pixel whatever u name it, so u can't get through trader doors, but can get through small places in which speciments stuck. And of course soap-ride should be really fixed as it affects gameplay badly...
So, any propositions for Cheetah?

Upvote 0
6 players max.
no custom maps for now
default trader time (3 mins I believe)
4 waves under Normal difficulty

Hmm In my opinion that's terrible settings. 6 players max? So it's max 3 vs 3?
Default trader time... hmm... I think the trader time should be always 1 so it goes alot better but well, still remember that's my OPINION.
4 waves on Normal? Way too easy IN MY OPINION. For 4 waves it's better to set the difficulty higher but... well again:
THAT IS MY OPINION :D

Upvote 0
Well it's a rented server and there's not enough active players to warrant a higher investment, if I hosted it myself I'd definitely increase the player count.

As for the difficulty, I'm not that good :D

Hmm so if 7th player wishes to join ur server crashes? (So happens at Lethal_Vortex's Versus server if it still is on)

And about difficulty, I agree some players need to play on lower level, but on 4 waves? Come ooon :p On 7 ways that would be okay, but on 4 that's kind of too easy, humans would always win with no opportunity like that... but well, ur server ur rules :D

So back to server crashing - does it work and block 7th person's will to join?

Upvote 0
I'm having some issues making my server run this from the start.

I have no issue getting it to run by going into the admin panel and manually turning on the mutator and then changing the gamemode to the versus one and restarting the map. Then it's at 24 players with the mod.

I've tried to add this:

Mutator=AwesomeClot2.AwesomeClot2?
to the launch parameters

I've tried to change the default gametype to:

DefaultGameType=AwesomeClot2.zombieGameType
and add this as a server package:

ServerPackages=AwesomeClot2
Please help as I love this mod!

Also can only change to my desired max players (24) on map restart after applying settings in the admin panel. But then my admin panel doesn't work anymore after the restart. I think your script changes my login info..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the player issue as I've only experimented with 6 since my server company's plan only allows 6.

As for the command line config, it should say Mutator=AwesomeClot2.betheclot

That's what it says on mine and it works fine, leave the gametype as it was before as I didn't edit mine.

ah ok got that working, but the players have to be manually set after each restart which is kinda annoying.

When the next version comes out please address the really twitchy specimen spawn camera issues and the general camera work for specimens is pretty bouncy making it hard to play.

Upvote 0
is it just me or does beniox really love specimentation versus?! hes on this thread posting so much, one would think its HIS mod lol. or is he cheetah's partner? or is he a retired L4D versus professional here to share his knowledge on human vs zombies conflicts?

I've been away but back now to check on what you've guys have said.

Upvote 0