• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern Warfare 2 is a piece of SHI-

Status
Not open for further replies.

U238Shell

Apr 11, 2010
I think MW2 is an amazing game for consoles. It's very nicely done.

For PCs, it's a piece of utter crap.

I've been playing Modern Warfare for a good 2-3 years and was pretty excited for MW2. When Modern Warfare 2 came out, I proceeded to obtain and play it. I played through the tutorial thinking "Hmm... Controls are a bit different..." I realized it was not the same game just about the first few terrorists I tried to shoot. I tried to lean around a corner and threw a flash bang in my face.

I played through the storyline regardless because it was still a good game in terms of gameplay, story and graphics.

Everything went bad on multiplayer. I quickly discovered while very very easy to play there was a few things wrong. A few things I noticed;
-No lean
-Very small games
-Lots of lag
-Campers everywhere

It was a lot different to playing on servers with 32 players and 45 ping. I kept playing thinking it will get better and quickly found more to dislike about the game.
-Hackers started popping up everywhere due to no admins because of no dedicated servers
-People started camping in one spot with a friend running to them or something to eventually get a nuke/other killstreak
-A lot of annoying people on voice chat

On PC, dedicated servers on games have been the norm for years, along with lean and support for 64+ players in some games. It was full of immature individuals who thought they knew pretty much everything about the game and stood there quoting Youtube videos of god knows who.

Upon Googling, I found more people who thought MW2 was pretty terrible, along with more reasons to dislike it that I did not see before.

I'm still playing COD4 and enjoying every minute of it. Much more mature (maybe because people are not as inclined to use voice chat) and just better gameplay due to the lower latency.

Just a rant. Just my opinion, make of it what you will. :)

Only the dead fish swim with the (main)stream ...

And please try Red Orchestra:Heroes of Stalingrad when it comes out you will not regret it ;)

Or get old RO:O if you still dont have it. My friend wanted to buy BC2 or MW2 and he asked me of advice. I tell him only about advantages of those games and I compare them to RO:O/DH/other mods features. He got Ostfront and he loved that game so much ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.