• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Gameplay Freezes

YFGHNG

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
OCD
Computer: Acer Aspire 5920
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 1.5 ghz
RAM: 2 gb

Well here's the issue: sometimes when I play any server (any difficulty and whatnot), the gameplay completely freezes. Not the game itself, I can still walk, shoot and stuff. But the gameplay itself.

Like, I was just playing on a pound server an hour back, and suddenly everyone was walking into walls. So were the pounds that were following them, and they weren't attacking either.

Also on a related note, sometimes my weapons randomly stop working, even though gameplay is still fine. Everyone can still kill stuff, I can still hit stuff with the weapons I spawn with, but for example, if I bought an M79 in the previous wave, it'll still fire, but the ammo count will not go down and the ammo won't actually it anything.

So is there anything I can do to fix this?

You are disconnecting from the server. If you've got a Thomson or derivative then you can download the file in the sticky at the top of this forum which may sort this out, otherwise you'll have to give a bit more information about your connection (router, ISP, wired/wireless). You can also press F3 or F4 I think to display network statistics when in game which might tell you a bit more about what is happening.

Upvote 0
If you've got a Thomson or derivative then you can download the file in the sticky at the top of this forum which may sort this out, otherwise you'll have to give a bit more information about your connection (router, ISP, wired/wireless). You can also press F3 or F4 I think to display network statistics when in game which might tell you a bit more about what is happening.

I'm currently at college, connected via LAN line. That's all I know concerning my connection. But I'll try the file download from the sticky.

Upvote 0
If you're at college using a college connection then there's not really a lot you can do about it - if you were using wifi and it was happening every minute or so then it'd be windows hunting for networks, but you say you're using a lan cable. Something somewhere is causing your ping to increase or essentially disconnect you, but unless you have a buddy on the tech support team who can look into it, I doubt you'll be able to find it. The only thing I can suggest is to go to someone's house and use their connection there and see if the same thing happens or not, then you'd know whether it was definitely your college connection.

Upvote 0