• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whoever created Candlesmoke

I played Candlesmoke today.

CandleJack on Candlesmoke.

On hard.

Hoooooly ****.

I made it to the generator room 3 times in a row as support L5 and wiped with a mostly full team.

Then we got our **** together and made it to the end. Then 3 people out of 6 died in the first minute or so.

I love the feeling of no longer invincibility.

And i was forced to do the dirty.
Use the M14 ;_;

I wish to play Candlesmoke more.

The last guy left on the team was a medic with a katana. He ran from the end back to where the screenshot in the loading screen was taken, the HORZINE sign, and discovered the gate was shut. He then proceeded to get no lubed by about 100-200 specimens with only his katana.

And again, Hooooooollyy ****.

Add me on Steam, we shall play candlesmoke. I've learned how to conquer that map surprinsingly well. As long as the team works together, we can usually make it through.

Unless we play with dex, get stuck in a stairwell, and clobbered from both sides and everyone starts dying, left and right. xD <3

Incase you missed the last posts with my username, it is 'cojaxiscereal'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Add me on Steam, we shall play candlesmoke. I've learned how to conquer that map surprinsingly well. As long as the team works together, we can usually make it through.

Unless we play with dex, get stuck in a stairwell, and clobbered from both sides and everyone starts dying, left and right. xD <3

Incase you missed the last posts with my username, it is 'cojaxiscereal'

I'll add you ASAP.

And i'm a pretty good medic, one time i was credited as keeping the team going.

So i'll go medic, and fun shall be had.

*EDIT: GAH!!! I ctrl C + V'd your username into "add friend" and it couldn't find you.

I guess you'll have to add me then.

I should be on Dextronaut's friends list on steam now.

**EDIT: nvm...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll add you ASAP.

And i'm a pretty good medic, one time i was credited as keeping the team going.

So i'll go medic, and fun shall be had.

*EDIT: GAH!!! I ctrl C + V'd your username into "add friend" and it couldn't find you.

I guess you'll have to add me then.

I should be on Dextronaut's friends list on steam now.

**EDIT: nvm...

Hahaha! You found me then I assume? I'll find out on my lunch break! WOO PARTY TIME ON CANDLESMOKE WITH CANDLEJACK.

& Hooray for the medic skillz.
It really sucks without a good medic,
and I'm always berserker on cs, so not having a medic REALLY blows.

Upvote 0
Hahaha! You found me then I assume? I'll find out on my lunch break! WOO PARTY TIME ON CANDLESMOKE WITH CANDLEJACK.

& Hooray for the medic skillz.
It really sucks without a good medic,
and I'm always berserker on cs, so not having a medic REALLY blows.

Yeah i found you, though my play time may be out of sync with yours, being aussie and all.

You know that saying, "nice guys finish last"?
Well, it's true. Only because i get the pc last, and all my US friends have gone to bed :(

But yes, assuming our times overlap, my medic skills will keep you alive.

Upvote 0
Yeah i found you, though my play time may be out of sync with yours, being aussie and all.

You know that saying, "nice guys finish last"?
Well, it's true. Only because i get the pc last, and all my US friends have gone to bed :(

But yes, assuming our times overlap, my medic skills will keep you alive.
Watch out for this one. He reuses needles.

Upvote 0
i played it on solo normal.....with cheats lol, it just spawns so many that my comp nearly crashes, i dont understand how it can be done on hard without cheats, i never know where to stop, so i end up spawning like another 300 on me.

so i sit there for about 5 minutes spamming grenades till there all dead, then move about 6 feet forward only to spawn another 12 million on me.

Upvote 0
i played it on solo normal.....with cheats lol, it just spawns so many that my comp nearly crashes, i dont understand how it can be done on hard without cheats, i never know where to stop, so i end up spawning like another 300 on me.

so i sit there for about 5 minutes spamming grenades till there all dead, then move about 6 feet forward only to spawn another 12 million on me.

The trick is, at the start you run forward and trigger the spawns, then run back to your spawn.

Then once that is done run on to the bunker, hole up in there until they're dead.

Next up hole up on the far side of the bridge, with a person guarding the back and everyone else facing forward.

Then hold up in the stairwell, with 4 on front (incl. medic) and 2 at the back.

Move on, then again hold at the same stairwell.

The stairwell should be closed now, holding out on the bottom floor with the "trader" door in sight works, because of the low number of specimens that spawn, although FPs spawn there.

This is about as far as i can remember, because this point is where i normally fail.

Upvote 0
It is nice to play a map that can make lvl6's feel mortal on "Normal" difficulty.

I keep it on my server. The IP changes, but the name always starts with "Team Hardcore..." It always has friendly fire on (100%), though, so be careful with explosives and don't point at your friend's head. TK'ing in Candlesmoke usually means you will be quickly following your murdered friend to hell.

Upvote 0
It is nice to play a map that can make lvl6's feel mortal on "Normal" difficulty.

I keep it on my server. The IP changes, but the name always starts with "Team Hardcore..." It always has friendly fire on (100%), though, so be careful with explosives and don't point at your friend's head. TK'ing in Candlesmoke usually means you will be quickly following your murdered friend to hell.

Candlesmoke.... and Friendly fire enabled...

Isn't that a little too much in the specs favour?

Just Candlesmoke is enough of a challenge with the teams i play with, i don't think they, or i, could handle FF without a couple hours practicing.

If only cojax and i were closer together (timezone-wise), then i might actually win this map.

I play this map on hard. After several wipes, we made it to the end.
30 seconds in 4 people were dead.
Then i died.
2 minutes later we failed.

The zerker who lived ran all the way back to the part in the map where the loading screen picture is, then got gangraped by about 300 specs.

And i have come to the conclusion that the M14 is not OP on Candlesmoke.
This is because there's not always, or not at all, enough ammo to allow you to spam.

And a couple of maps that can run Candlesmoke on hard are the Skeleton's Bone Pile servers.

Hosted in either Brisbane or Sydney. Their ping is under 100 and they have a couple hundred maps.

Upvote 0
Candlesmoke.... and Friendly fire enabled...

Isn't that a little too much in the specs favour?

Just Candlesmoke is enough of a challenge with the teams i play with, i don't think they, or i, could handle FF without a couple hours practicing.

If only cojax and i were closer together (timezone-wise), then i might actually win this map.

I play this map on hard. After several wipes, we made it to the end.
30 seconds in 4 people were dead.
Then i died.
2 minutes later we failed.

The zerker who lived ran all the way back to the part in the map where the loading screen picture is, then got gangraped by about 300 specs.

And i have come to the conclusion that the M14 is not OP on Candlesmoke.
This is because there's not always, or not at all, enough ammo to allow you to spam.

And a couple of maps that can run Candlesmoke on hard are the Skeleton's Bone Pile servers.

Hosted in either Brisbane or Sydney. Their ping is under 100 and they have a couple hundred maps.
We shall play together! But i'm farther than Cojax =/

Upvote 0