• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Critical Error on startup

freefallen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2009
Hi just today i was playing when suddenly it crashed. Then i tried to restart killing floor through steam and it gave me a c++ error telling me it quit in an unusual way. So i went straight through the executable and it gave me this error.

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2212 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Please help

Hi just today i was playing when suddenly it crashed. Then i tried to restart killing floor through steam and it gave me a c++ error telling me it quit in an unusual way. So i went straight through the executable and it gave me this error.

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2212 MHz with 2046MB RAM

Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Please help

Open your killingFloor's system folder, copy your default.ini over your killingfloor.ini, see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0
I dont see these files with .ini at the end but I do see ones that have .int at the end...same thing?

Ya mee too :\

Well, I'm looking in the right folder, but I cant find Default.ini, I can only find Just Default. :/

Should be in /Steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/system ;)

Soanos ftw. Aight dudes, your .ini files are also known as Configuration Settings. So basically, if you see a Default file, and to the right (where the Type column is) it will say Configuration Settings. That's how you know it's a .ini file.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi there im new to the forums but i have a killing floor problem it says,

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2261 MHz with 1534MB RAM

General protection fault!

History: FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

i tried everything to fix it i deleted and reinstalled that didn't work i tried to copy my defaults and paste it that didn't work and i tried to validate my files but it keeps on saying steam servers are to busy

please someone help me i've been having this problem for about a year now and no one can seem to help me i want to play again with my lv 6 perks.

Upvote 0