• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hope not!

It's apparent that infantry need maps with enough cover, protected interior lines, and/or choke points to make them useable along with vehicles also.

Yup, I personally love hiding in the bushes and making an ambush for the enemy. These sort of maps like HedgeHog with lots of cover were always my favorite. I hope in HOS won't be only urban maps as the game it's focusing on a Stalingrad and we'll have some outskirt maps too...
I've always been dreaming about RO where you have random generating map so everytime is different.

Upvote 0
That linkedIN info was written before actually HOS was announced I believe, so its not any guarantee for things to make it in the actual game things could just as easily be scrapped.

yes i know it was and i distinctly remember you posting about it right after the first HOS info was released last May. i was simply making the point that in that statement they were looking for a person who could add features "A,B,C,D" and from what we've seen so far, "A,B,C" have already been implemented. the logical deduction from that trend would be that they'd also implement feature "D".

gotta remember though, they were also working on HOS before it was announced last May and before that linkedIN posting was made. in what, the 3rd year of production now? for all we know, they could have decided 2 years ago whether or not they would include vehicles. i think they have had their basic plans set for quite some time and can't honestly believe that after three years of production, they'd still be deciding on whether or not to include tanks/vehicles.

i see it as there being three possibilites: either they're in, they're out, or they're planned for in a content update or DLC. i would put my money on either the first or last possibility simply because the decision to not have vehicles would be a huge turn off for a lot of their fanbase. so assuming tanks will at some point be in the game, my preference is that if they are still finishing up work on the vehicles/tanks and that is what's delaying the release, then release the infantry "version" first and add the tanks in a PROMISED future content update, as in when the game is released, announce that a content update will be added in ex. month/quater/year that will add tanks to the game. that way people will at least know that they will eventually have tanks.

anyway, those are my thoughts

Upvote 0
they weren't looking for a person that could do feature a b and c. It said a person has made feature a b and c

no need to be a smartass , especially when the wording has no effect on the point i was making :p.

so to make you happy, from the exact language used, i will take a more correct angle in this line of reasoning: why would TW care whether or not a person has "made A, B, C and D" in their past work experience? because TW is expecting him to be able to "make A, B, C and D" for their game :eek:. they wouldn't say they are looking for a person that made "A, B, C and D", find a person fitting that description, hire him and then have them create "E, F, G, and Q" instead. that would be illogical ;).

come on brother, you're a pretty intelligent person. this isn't a real tough concept to grasp :D.

Upvote 0
Those things I quoted were created while he was being employed by tripwire interactive and not under a previous company. If it was made under a different previous company then there would be no reason for me to quote it to begin with :\.

LinkedIN is not only used to write down past companies you worked for, you write down about the current companies you work for as well. And that is the reason why I find it interesting to read those things in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0