• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Storm of War: Battle of Britain Interview

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/inter_Oleg_Foxy/interview_oleg_foxy_EN.html

Some pretty awesome stuff in there... Looks like I'll be buying a quadcore for it though lol.

And a nice post by Oleg:

Answer for:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Great up-date! Oleg I am curious your decision to have "click-able"...and I'm not complaining either

the text itself (OM):

Decision was done very long time ago. However I will never tell what we will see in final untill the time when I'm sure that it will works really.

My principle never promise anything that may not happens. At least in realease but not after. However I'm, sure that some features that are designed and partially done may go later than in release. Same way as it was with Il-2. You know how fast was progressing Il-2 from the day of the first release. Simply becasue everything or almost everything was designed from the beginning of development...
Serious new thing was open in Forgottent Battles when we simply included the new 3D engine as a perfect mode. Just for example.

Still you may see with the modes of some good guys - Il-2 engine was so flexible...
Even more things we try to put from the beginning in the SoW engine and code that to make possible for third party much more than with Il-2. And almost from the beginning of the series, but not in the end...

But... you all know that modes should be really "certified"... So third party should be more organized than it was in the beginning when the code of Il-2 was hacked.
When its organized - there is really would be the best gameplay online.

I'm thinking already very long time about how to do it (in additional to what we plan in engine itself)... Maybe third party developers will offer me good ideas. Ordnung muss sein! Sorry, don't know how to say it in English.

Anyway... probably we will make separate discussion in future about this problem and we may find real solution for all of the players or groups of players. This is really important not for us, but for end user. And speech about it we will need to begin some time later, when I will be finally sure in some of the designed features and will tell about them here on the forum.

My dream - to "create" some third party serious uindustry around SoW. At first time - for the WWII (wwI) aircraft...then for the early jets... then.... God knows... it is depending of many things and at first depends of BoB success.

Ideas, if not crazy - welcome

PS. I'm sorry that I make some time mistakes, but I think my speech is understand-able. Still Olegish English.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. IL-2 1946 runs awful on my PC so I lost interest in it, and the Wings Of Prey demo left a bad impression on me, so I didn't buy that.

If they can make the game work, I will likely pick up a copy.

Well it's probably your computer... is it really really old? It runs like a charm on mine and my computer is hardly hot stuff.

Upvote 0
This is by far gonna be the best ww2 flight sim.
IL2 already has the crown since 2001 and with Storm of War due 2010 Oleg and the boys will keep it for many years, whilst DCS keeps the crown of modern combat.

I suggest any Red Orchestra fan not familiar with IL2 check it out, its a must have for any simulator fan , best games of 2010 RO2 and Storm of War without doubt. Wonder if any tripwire devs ever played IL2 :p , the two most amazing franchises in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Captain bringdown is here, to bravely spoil your day! *heroic themesong plays*

Let's not forget that UBI published the IL2 series, and are likely to publish this game aswell, and you know what that means.. it may be held down and raped by their new DRM.

Also, all your pets will die eventually, and gas prices will soar ever higher, and away i go!

*swooo0osh*

Upvote 0
Captain bringdown is here, to bravely spoil your day! *heroic themesong plays*

Let's not forget that UBI published the IL2 series, and are likely to publish this game aswell, and you know what that means.. it may be held down and raped by their new DRM.

Also, all your pets will die eventually, and gas prices will soar ever higher, and away i go!

*swooo0osh*

Well, i am pretty sure Oleg won't comply with that, he had negative thoughts about how Rise of Flight handled their DRM and said SoW won't have anything like it. As far as i know Ubisoft has gone casual land with very little care for the PC at all, the likely-hood that they would publish it is rather thin.

It's probably gonna be 1C themselves, they're already publishing RO2.

Upvote 0