• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Version?

Sambo110

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2010
I own this game, but I rarely use Boot Camp so I rarely play it. With Steam for Mac coming out next month, would it be possible to do a port of this game? I would love to be able to play it more often, seeing as I doubt I will ever use Windows once Steam comes out on the Mac.

Setting [HKCU\Software\Wine\DirectInput] "MouseWarpOverride" to "force" helps, like it says in the appdb. Ive been running Killing Floor through wine on os x fairly well. Id like to see a native mac version of this game though. Shouldnt be too bad considering that UT2004 engine has already been ported to os x and linux before.

Upvote 0
Setting [HKCU\Software\Wine\DirectInput] "MouseWarpOverride" to "force" helps, like it says in the appdb. Ive been running Killing Floor through wine on os x fairly well. Id like to see a native mac version of this game though. Shouldnt be too bad considering that UT2004 engine has already been ported to os x and linux before.

I have tried that many times -_-

No go.

Upvote 0
Do you have a fairly recent wine version? What does it do? Just stick in the box still?

I have the most recent stable version of wine, basically the mouse looses focus from the window or is sometimes stuck in a box too small to use inside the screen. Also, it crashes to desktop almost every time I load a map. I have tried crossover gaming, playsonlinux, and various patches along with using a stock prefix for wine and still no go :(

Upvote 0