• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

Well this mod. isn't meant to just cater to expert players and neither is the core game so at least for normal/beginner difficulty, it would make sense to have that leeway period to get to the trader room without zombies. On hard and suicidal, I guess it would make sense to keep it how it is as those playing it would be skilled enough to handle it.

Also, I'd rather not add to the arguing but to me, it did sound like you were "flaming" suggestions. @ BenioX, I don't recall anyone quoting you and then posting a smart@ss comment so you should respect other opinions as well. What you should comment on, are invalid bug reports as those will just make it harder for Cheetah to make the proper fixes. However, in the end, the more we keep arguing over these small things, the more cluttered this thread becomes with useless crap so I'll shut up for now as I already voiced my suggestion which I don't seem to be alone in supporting.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
One thing I don't like in game it's the possibility to kill human players through the door when they are in trader room. Sometimes people die because they can't heal more and can't kill the specimen. Some people don't stay because of that. With a bloat, a husk or a siren, specimen can kill us quickly in normal mode when we're stuck in trader room.

Maybe it's possible to do something with the "SpawnProtectionTime=0.000000", I'll try.

Often, players ask how to join, or stay 1-2 minutes and leave. It would be great if as soon as they connect they can choose specimen or human with a menu or something like that, automatically (when the game has begun)

It would be great if we could define more parameters for this mod, in web admin or in the .ini (like the strafing)

It's hard to control fp, gorefast and scrake, I don't know if it's me but I always make more damage with a crawler than with a scrake.

One thing I don't like too it's the shaking of the specimen before they spawn, in some indoor maps like bedlam = headache. It would be more fun without all this shaking to be a specimen.

Specimen need bonus to destroy welded doors.

For now, it's important to choose right maps for this mod, with big trader rooms, good spawn points, without long corridors, maps like afghanistan is really good for this mod.

I have played a lot with this mod and I like it very much, thank you for all that work, I'll watch for update.

Upvote 0
Trader room = got reported many times before you did, don't worry... :)
Shaking Camera = Very good way to show how speciments really see the world :D
Strafing = Yes, Strafing would be good, IF it disabled going forward and backward while strafing! Trust me, if u can both at same time as specimen the gameplay is very bad as you can avoid as Gorefast too easilly...
Right maps = YES I AGREE! It needs right maps, but I am affraid Husk can make it through at ANY map :(
Basically - You are totally right, except shaking camera is a good idea and Strafing... hmm... Not want it as it was before, strafing disabled for those 3 was good idea, but shall be ONLY disabled when walking forward or backward.
Let's all guys just admit - This mod is really close to be perfect and now latest release shall not be Beta anymore! :D

Upvote 0
I like how the specimen see the world after they spawn, but before when I want to make them spawn at a place it's not nice and make headache mostly on indoor maps and with many floors.

It would be great if we could choose in web admin... :)

Oh yes in spawn mode would be nicer if without shakes, actually the soap-riding in spawn mode is kinda bad... shall be more like spectating mode, not like u go then stop but u soap-ride forward... :S

Upvote 0
More Suggestions?

Alot. First I think of is range of hits, Stalker has the best range of hits, so is most deadly now, awhile Scrake and FP EVEN HITTING WITH TEXTURES don't damage right, they mostly hit ONLY if victim is in center. FP shall hit all around except really back of him, Scrake all in 180 degrees, similiar to Stalker (and Gorefast shall same, but he does well now). Another thing is different lighting for different speciments, but I actually told you about that idea before. Also some tips for some speciments, like when you play as FP there shall be info about Rage button, when Scrake about his attack button also activates his running mode, for Pat about healing. Also while Minigun of Patriarch works well, triggered even many times first trigger works only, but rockets... very bad, people tend to click many times same button which doesn't help rockets, only last button counts... shall do something about Pat rocketlauncher :(
As for now no more ideas I can find right for now...

Upvote 0
Suggested this before but doing so again, not really a gameplay thing per se, but it would be nice to be able to put a custom message or two into the built-in messages in rotation so you could include your own explanations.

I would write something like "Remember that your perk level is based on the difficulty" as well as "Spotted a compatibility problem with this map and the mod? Report it on our site <link>" etc.

Also, to remove the damage counters for humans, keep it for specimens.

Upvote 0
Beniox, is your entire post count just from this thread?

Jesus christ, chill out lol

I am not a nolife who reads all forum, I actually made account here JUST to contact Cheetah and one other guy, but then kinda Cheetah took me to be betatester so I test stuff etc for him, that's why I message alot here and that's why I really care about this. I take KF Versus serious because this Mutator is going to make KF the best game eva (I don't really like KF without this Mod to tell truth...)

And now another thing to u cheetah - can u make this mutator work well with TheHive V1 and TheHive V2, like make it work somehow, like make an option in which gameplay changes a little to make it work with TheHive? :)

Upvote 0
And now another thing to u cheetah - can u make this mutator work well with TheHive V1 and TheHive V2, like make it work somehow, like make an option in which gameplay changes a little to make it work with TheHive? :)
That is a bad idea.

If we're going to dissent, we may as well do it on things like this. I don't think a mod should cater to specific maps, be the request from such a VIP Beta Tester as yourself, or not.

And to one of your earlier posts, this mod is far from being done. I wouldn't even say it's a beta, to be honest. It's definitely more of an alpha, and there will have to be RCs before you get to final, anyhow. It's currently far too unstable, in my opinion.

And BenioX, we don't need you answering every suggestion definitively, trying to tell us which are good suggestions, and which are bad. Adding your input is one thing, but you post after everything anyone says, often times telling them very matter-of-factly that their suggestion will not be implemented on your implied say-so.

Cheetah, as far as suggestions go, I recommend a fix for how traders work so it's like normal Killing Floor (i.e. a set number of zombies and a counter, and after that, they are dead and you're safe for X seconds). If you don't like gameplay that way, you should at least allow an option in the admin interface.

Also Cheetah, I'm a server administrator, so, if you'd like a little web space to post about the latest news and places to put the file or something, PM me. I check this forum every 1-3 days, so, I will get back to you, but possibly not right away.

Upvote 0
I agree with guy above me!

This is good idea to allow that for ppl who want it, and to still have the way of gameplay it has, as optional! :)

But I still think it's good idea to also fix this so on maps such as The Hive it works, I dun mean change ALL in this, like for all mutator, just make it optional (The Hive is really too different than other KF maps that's why it needs more specifications I think).

And sorry for me answering, but I used to answer every comment to tell my opinions, forum = talking about something, sharing opinions etc :)

Upvote 0
But I still think it's good idea to also fix this so on maps such as The Hive it works, I dun mean change ALL in this, like for all mutator, just make it optional (The Hive is really too different than other KF maps that's why it needs more specifications I think).

And sorry for me answering, but I used to answer every comment to tell my opinions, forum = talking about something, sharing opinions etc :)
That is because The Hive has custom scripting. A good option for that would be to make the mod extensible, so other people could add code for specific maps. Hell, Cheetah could even make a sub-mod for it if he liked. But I think stability and main issues should come first. After the mod is stable and polished, extraneous things not necessary to the playability to the mod as a whole can be added.

It's fine if you do that, but, try to do it more in the form of opinions. It's come to the point I think you're scaring some users away, and annoying others who are just trying to share.

Upvote 0
I agree with u dude but dude I said many times it shall be ADVANCED OPTION like OPTIONAL not like original for mod! XD
But ok, well, I think this is it, no more bugs etc I guess... lol? Or maybe? NAH not any MORE than last time... just probably Server probs... ask Lethal Vortex anyways he's the one who has probs with his server, probably cuz of mod = 32/32 limit, his server limit = 12/12, when 13th joins his server crashes...

Upvote 0