• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What else can we do?

Yeah, you could have 4 guys shooting down zombies through the windows but as soon as 1 gate breaks, and a lot of zombies can hit them because they're so big, they come flooding in and there is no way that 1 guy can do all the welding and all the shooting himself.
Apart from the fact that you're royally screwed if a gate breaks and you get surrounded.

Eh, when the doors break the whole team falls back to the ramparts, and guards the stairs by the trader. You get a couple of specimen tops coming at you along the rampart...95% of them still try to use the stairway you're defending. It's still a turkey shoot.

Upvote 0
Eh, I'm really not concerned about which maps are whitelisted anymore. I've leveled everything up that can be easily farmed. I actually just leveled up Flamebug on a whitelisted Doom2 Bloated Server. Although there are no exploits there (and no law spawn), you still dish out massive damage (1 Million every hour or two) as things walk down the corridor if you stockpile flamethrowers.
All I've got left is Commando (no shortcuts here) and Berserker, which has been progressing fairly quickly thanks to Beginner Poundamonium.

Which once again brings us to the fact that it's the mutators that are being taken advantage of by players like me =]
I could care less about an exploit nenjin-style trench map, sounds boring. I can imagine a noob sharp stockpiling m14's and spamming them. meh.

Upvote 0
getting a higher perk level doesn't make you not suck

I was able to play suicidal back when I was only a lvl 3 medic.

Yeah, that's medic. All it needs is a medgun and an xbow to be useful.
Other classes want high perk levels to obtain high damage output and cheaper guns.
Medic level up just lets you spam medgun darts and gives you uber-armor. I understand a good mid-level medic can help their team without these advantages.

And what do you do after the first rounds? Take an other powerleveled perk? (which would make you even more useless)

Yo, Betrand. Lemme see if I understand you. You'd prefer that I REMAINED a FIREBUG on WAVE 6+ with SCRAKES and FLESHPOUNDS that I was USELESS against?

And, to stop putting words in your mouth and answer your original question, No. I usually go commando or medic. The two perks that one cannot really powerlevel. Because everyone else is usually a lv6 sharp.

Upvote 0
I would prefer that you don't play in the same server as me :D

haha, fair enough.

People assume (sometimes correctly) that people who powerlevel suck.
However, consider this. Power-levelers might continue playing these perks as level 6, eventually acquiring some skill.
Is there any skill that one MUST learn at level one and can't be picked up later as a level six?

I just feel that people are pretty sensitive about this powerlevel issue because of vanity:
"I leveled up my perks the long hard way and gained valuable experience. Therefore, I'm naturally much better than anyone else who cheated."

Upvote 0
still arguing about this stuff? what else is new? how about this, lets focus on something that actually matters:

STALKERS, and CRAWLERS are WEAK! their purpose is to break up the campers, break the line, surprise players, yadda yadda yadda, but they are so WEAK that they dont mean diddley squat. they jump down from the ceiling or whatever, and bam dead! stalkers and crawlers need a major buff, if they were an actual threat for once then you would be able to stop alot of the camping that goes on.

alright, now that ive said my peace, you guys can go back to arguing about overpowered perks and bad maps.

Upvote 0
However, consider this. Power-levelers might continue playing these perks as level 6, eventually acquiring some skill...naturally much better than anyone else who cheated."

1: Patience is a virtue :p

2: I would like to know your definition of BETTER, because mine is not based on how many kills you make on a game. Lvls are there to reward players who do their jobs. By cheating or perk farming, you can't understand what is your role depending on your perk. You need to play a lot of time to learn when you should fire, where should you go, when you should reload, which zeds should you take down firsts, etc....

Upvote 0
I would like to know your definition of BETTER, because mine is not based on how many kills you make on a game. Lvls are there to reward players who do their jobs.

Okay, suppose levels are there to reward players who do their jobs. So... a demo is doing his job well if he does 5.5 million damage? How does that teach him to do his job?
No. Levels are there to make people play the game. Whether you take your time and conform to an assigned role and learn skills that other people deem important or perk-farm is up to you.

By cheating or perk farming, you can't understand what is your role depending on your perk. You need to play a lot of time to learn when you should fire, where should you go, when you should reload, which zeds should you take down firsts, etc....

Yeah, I agree that it takes time. I disagree with your claim that perk farmers can't learn. Why can't level six players put in that time? There's nothing exclusive about this learning that you can't learn at level six.

STALKERS are WEAK! their purpose is to break up the campers, break the line, surprise players, yadda yadda yadda, but they are so WEAK that they dont mean diddley squat. they jump down from the ceiling or whatever, and bam dead! stalkers need a major buff, if they were an actual threat for once then you would be able to stop alot of the camping that goes on.

This guy has totally spoken the truth. I believe he's right and that stalkers should get 5x the health they have now, as well as their own mutator. So then we could revel in the glory of their fierceness!

PS: Next time try starting a thread in the suggestions section instead of helping me take this thread off topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This guy has totally spoken the truth. I believe he's right and that stalkers should get 5x the health they have now, as well as their own mutator. So then we could revel in the glory of their fierceness!

PS: Next time try starting a thread in the suggestions section instead of helping me take this thread off topic.

all you guys have done here is argue about the way other players play the game. this whole entire thread is back and forth, "well they should play the way they want... no they shouldnt, they should play by the rules"

then the whole map thing about defence, big deal, its a beginners map, its painfully easy. but who cares if ppl are playing it (this is the part where someone jumps into to say, "they are grinding their perks!")

this whole perk madness, this whole whitelisting madness, its TWI's creation, there is no, "what else should we do?", its more like, "any day now TWI".. the perks are way imbalanced, the whitelisting is a pain in the arse, the zombies are out there getting their arses handed to them because KF's taken this whole, "everyone likes to win" thing way too seriously.

PS: crawlers and stalkers have a job, a purpose, but they are too weak to create any kind of threat to unsuspecting campers. im not asking for more of them, or a mutator for only them, im asking that they have an increase in HP similiar to a gorefast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you also want to powerlevel you Commando? :eek:

Hahahaha

Hahahaha, why do you think I bolded it?

So righteous people like you would comment on it. Now I'll make fun of your virtual e-peen.
I bet you're a level 2 commando, noob.

And as for crawler/stalker guy dextronaut, I thought you said your peace (lol u meant piece). Nope, you came back for more. They always do. Good points though. I always thought that losing was more fun than winning. That's why people like old school video games with insta-death traps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry guyz, Sarcasm doesn't go over the internet very well.

PS: I added a "hahahaha" too. Meaning that I was joking too. Unless you really believed I thought that stalkers should get 5x more health?
Next time I'll use a more ludicrous number.

OKAY. Crawlers should be 20x as fast as they are now, and have a 50% chance of instakilling you. hahahahaha. And dextronaut, I bet you're a level zero sharpshooter.

Upvote 0