• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

This is the best FPS since RO in my opinion. At least hardcore mode.

There are definitely little things to nitpick, but its still great.
HC, DO NOT PLAY ON NORMAL SERVERS. Ive been playing on the HC servers since I bought it and just this now I went on a the splat vanilla server and it sux you have to shot ppl with about twice the amount of rounds to put them down, in other words you do the oll spray and prey dance which I cant stand.

Upvote 0
Weird, I can't stand HC servers. No HUD, no indicators, huge damage and sniper spam . . . this game isn't meant to be played that way. Lower damage and indicators keep the action going for a longer time, which is exactly what I like about this game. You have time to recover and retaliate from attacks, and use teamwork to get kills.

Upvote 0
What's more amazing is DICE made a server browser even more shyte than TWI. And that's saying something.

Huh? The default browser in all Unreal Engine 2/2.5 games was awesome.

Weird, I can't stand HC servers. No HUD, no indicators, huge damage and sniper spam . . . this game isn't meant to be played that way. Lower damage and indicators keep the action going for a longer time, which is exactly what I like about this game. You have time to recover and retaliate from attacks, and use teamwork to get kills.

-You can get killed even if someone hits your toe (hitpoint system for teh lews)
-Everyone plays the recon class
-Everyone just camps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

How many years did you play RO :), I find HC VERY easy and enjoy the bullet damage over the arcady BF2 style. I always find it easy to find where im supposed to be going.

Upvote 0
Good game. First impressions are definitely good. This is arcade online FPS done right, not CoD4 / MW2. HC is the way to go, otherwise you'll fire BB's. I haven't spotted a whole lot of bull**** (like turning around and 3-shotting me or bunnyhopping) other than snipers being ****ing everywhere sometimes and the bloom, which is way overdone. Will definitely disable that.

The destruction is awesome and actually has a big influence on gameplay, and the sounds are pretty much the best ever in an FPS.

If you're in a good squad you'll definitely have a good time.

Upvote 0
other than snipers being ****ing everywhere sometimes and the bloom, which is way overdone. Will definitely disable that.

The destruction is awesome and actually has a big influence on gameplay, and the sounds are pretty much the best ever in an FPS.

If you're in a good squad you'll definitely have a good time.

I can't understand the fascination with people choosing the Sniper Class so much now. One person should sit back with the rifle and choose selected targets while everyone else assaults and supports. I see everyone trying to be some sniper on a team and you lose big time.

I agree with the destruction it's hard to go back to anything without it now even with a reduced player count.

Upvote 0
Destruction basically redefines the FPS as we know it. In Ost, you simply find a good spot to camp, and you're set. Destructable environment adds a whole new dimension.

Yeah, for sure. Lately I've been playing Ostfront a couple of times again after a break of many years, and the other day a German machinegunner sat behind a flipped over wooden table mowing down Russian after Russian. That really makes me crave for bullet penetration. Destruction would be even better of course, especially in a game about Stalingrad. But I don't think RO:HoS will have that.

In the future you'll probably see more games implement destruction and similar sound engines.

Upvote 0
I've finished all the classes (unlocked everything), so I can say that I pretty much "completed" the multiplayer.

I'm just gonna say one thing, this is the best online FPS I've played since Ostfront. This game will change so much in the future years. People will undoubtedly compare Frostbite features to the other games.

BTW about everybody being snipers, I think it's the easiest and well equipped class to play. The sniper rifle is the only one-shot weapon in game(with headshots, not talking about HC), you can easily pick off infantry and rack-up a nice K/D ratio. I usually suck at being a sniper but yesterday I racked up a nice 50-2 K/D while I was on my unlock run.

You have a Mortar so you can take-on armor and blobs of infantry, or even help defending/defusing crates by calling it on it. M1911 can take-on any infantry close range, and you will come on top every time if you fire first.

Another thing is you don't have to do any teamwork. You don't care when they set a charge on M-COM's, it's infantry job. The only incentive is to throw Motion Sensor's to help infantry. That's why Snipers are generally hated, because they're not teamplayers. I too think a sniper is a "waste of squad spot" sometimes.

Though that being said, I think it's entirely possible to keep up with infantry rather than sitting back. I've had games where I was fighting alongside my squad, picking out the distant targets targeting them while they took on the closest ones. So it's possible to be a "teamplayer" but most snipers usually prefer to sit-back and eat chips while they snipe :D

Still, Engineer is my favourite class :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0