• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Caffeine ahoy!

I do like coffee, but can't think of a time when i wouldn't rather have tea.
So if i need more caffine, i just drink more tea.

Regarding Dr Pepper - i had a dog that was such a scavenger he even used to drink out of the toilet bowl. When one of my freinds spilt a can of Dr Pepper on the floor round my place, he took one sniff and then wouldn't go near it.
I thought that spoke volumes about that particular beverage.

Upvote 0
small note to all your coffee people; the darker the roast the less caffeine, light roast has the most.

on that subject, i was talking with a ex US military gone private contractor from IRAQ and he was saying there is some middle eastern drink which got him up to a resting heart rate of >~250 beats per minute .

as for the most caffeine ive ever had in 24 hours. It would have to be voluntering at a church event, had two pots of light roast coffee, then when i got home polished off two pitchers of fruit punch (lots of sugar) and dident sleep or even feel tired UNTIL THE NEXT NIGHT. (whoa!)

however, for those who want the majour caffeine kick, there are many tea's with more caffeine then coffee, one easily available one would have to be chai tea...

Upvote 0
12 Starbucks Venti Sumatra's, black. That's the most caffeine I've ever ingested in one sitting. There was nice scenery behind the counter, it encouraged me to hang around for a while. (Plus, I eventually got to nail one of them.)

I was in intense pain for hours after I got home, though. From the coffee, not the girl.

I wasn't able to find the stats for sumatra's exactly but a regular venti brewed coffee from starbucks apparently has 415 mg of caffeine in it.

So 415x12=4980 mg of coffee

sooo you drank the equivalent of 99.6 cups of coffee. dang, .4 more cups and you could've gained super speed.

yeah i'm pretty sure those stats are off xD

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
After an interesting (read:medical treatment) experience, I decided to lay off caffeine and other psychoactive drugs almost entirely. (Outside of the caffeine contained in a glass of sweet tea). Now I'm cheap; it only takes a can of Coke to keep me going.

that's one thing that I am trying to avoid, is the eventual bodily tolerance of it so it eventually takes larger doses. I limit myself to one energy drink a day (paced out by putting it in a bottle with a lid) and only on days that I work.

Caffeine is good for me cuz it raises glucose levels and i'm hypoglycemic. so it benefits me in two ways.

Upvote 0
Om nom nom nom, coffee!

Can't beat a cup or two in the mornings with a few more during the day, especially when out of my awesome JLA or 'got recalled because of safety reasons' mugs, though I can happily go without, its too yummy and warm not to drink it. TBH unless I can make the coffee myself Im not a fan of the 'proper stuff' and would rather have a lovely cup of nescafe alta rica granulated with a wee dab of proper milk than some fancy pants crap out of starbucks or someones expensive coffee maker.

As for its effect on me now...not much...a can of redbull yesterday after doing an almost all nighter working perked me up a tiny bit for 10-15mins at 5pm before I lulled back.

LemoN if you drink granulated here in the UK get some alta rica (purple black container) if you havnt tried it.

Upvote 0
Om nom nom nom, coffee!

Can't beat a cup or two in the mornings with a few more during the day, especially when out of my awesome JLA or 'got recalled because of safety reasons' mugs, though I can happily go without, its too yummy and warm not to drink it. TBH unless I can make the coffee myself Im not a fan of the 'proper stuff' and would rather have a lovely cup of nescafe alta rica granulated with a wee dab of proper milk than some fancy pants crap out of starbucks or someones expensive coffee maker.

As for its effect on me now...not much...a can of redbull yesterday after doing an almost all nighter working perked me up a tiny bit for 10-15mins at 5pm before I lulled back.

LemoN if you drink granulated here in the UK get some alta rica (purple black container) if you havnt tried it.

Nah my hotel room allways has some nescaffee bags rdy for me if i need them and at work we have a nice coffee machine. :)

I was on vacation back home from 26th to 3rd. Oh god, you cant believe how much i missed my coffee machine! :eek:

Upvote 0
Why did the mug get recalled for safety reasons?

Cant really remember now, but i think it was due to a manufacturing fault (its a glass mug) that a lot of them were shattering when boiling water was pored into them or something, not a good thing for a hot beverage mug. But mines survived thousands of cups of coffee, a few hot chocolates, one irish coffee and 5 flat moves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0