• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Multiple Servers using Same directory/IP address

markg

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
i have a Killing Floor server running, and everything works fine (and has for months).

But now i want to run another instance, and i dont want to install it into a new directory for both space and update reasons; rather i want to run it from the same directory/install files if possible.

Restrictions;
i only have one ip address so i need to change the ports.
Also, i want to use different killingfloor.ini files/options for the mutliple instances.

any easy way to do this? i found some references to -nohomedir and configsubdir= but couldnt find any real instructions how they were used. (and trial and error didnt produce any good result).

thanks!

mark

For KF I use different folder instances as the files are pretty light, but for another Unreal game I use one folder and separate .ini files. For KF you can launch a number of .bat files directed to different .ini files, eg.

Copy a KillingFloor.ini file and rename it KillingFloor2.ini. Update all properties within; port, webadmin port, etc. Be sure to either delete the [IpDrv.UdpGamespyQuery] area of the .ini or change the OldQueryPortNumber= value to reflect the other port changes or you may see launch crashes. Once all changes are made launch an additional .bat with a command as follows:

ucc server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6 -ini=KillingFloor2.ini

I just tested this for KF and it launched just fine.

Upvote 0