• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zoom in and zoom out with the binoculars, etc.

In old sniper scopes you could set the distance. And it went really simple the crosshair just moved up if you aimed at longer distances. So say at 2000 meter the crosshair is nearly at the top of the sight. And at 0 meters its closer to the bottom of the sight.

Just the other way around.

Anyways, it would be nice to know how the PEM, PE and PU scopes and their German counterparts (ZF 39, Zielsechs 4x, Ajack 4x, ZF4 and the many other models), were adjusted. We can

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Binocs and Sniper Scopes had a fixed zoom, all they could do is focus on different distances. And I don't know if its worth adding that players need to turn the focus. However I believe some tanks actually could variate their zoom level in their gun optics so that could be interesting.

Darkest Hour has already added tank sight zoom. It is great stuff. It only seems available on the latest tank models, however, so I see no reason for its implementation in HoS....particularly considering you're mostly dealing with medium-barrel 76mm LV and short-barreled 75mm LV. Combat engagements shouldn't really have to exceed 800m.

However, agreed with everything you said.

Upvote 0
In old sniper scopes you could set the distance. And it went really simple the crosshair just moved up if you aimed at longer distances. So say at 2000 meter the crosshair is nearly at the top of the sight. And at 0 meters its closer to the bottom of the sight.

They should make it! That would be cool!!! :cool:
But to the projectiles over long distances would have to drift downward...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think they mean, for example, the german panzerfaust. Even in RO: OST you could adjust the distance of the target.

I don't think there will be any panzerfausts in ROHOS, but yes i think it will be similiar with rifles and snipers to how the panzerfaust or the tank range changing work in roost.

Adjustable sights: '...you'll have to aim higher to account for bullet drop, or dial in your sights/scope to the aprox. range the enemy is at.' (Source: PC Gamer Article July '09)

This point is emphased both the us and and the uk version of pcgameplay, the first igromania article and a dutch article I have at home. So I will consider it truth for now. And expect that the information was written in whatever information package TWI send to the press.

Last edited:
Upvote 0