• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favourites not working

moneymoneymoney

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 8, 2009
Favoriting servers doesn't work. Under my 'favourites' tab they're no servers, even after turning off all the options to narrow it down, and refreshing it.

But then I hovered my mouse over it and it said something about Steam friends. The 'Friends' tab is the 'Favourites' tab? Anyway, its not there either. It doesn't work. Is there some trick to it? The game usually crashes after the server I'm playing on's second map change.

The descriptions for those tabs, when hovering your mouse over them, is currently mixed up for those 2 tabs. The tab that says "Friends" is, in fact, the friends tab, even though it describes itself as the Favorites tab. The tab that says "Favorite", is, likewise, the actual favorites tab.

What operating system are you guys running on?

Upvote 0
But then I hovered my mouse over it and it said something about Steam friends. The 'Friends' tab is the 'Favourites' tab? Anyway

The descriptions for those tabs, when hovering your mouse over them, is currently mixed up for those 2 tabs. The tab that says "Friends" is, in fact, the friends tab, even though it describes itself as the Favorites tab. The tab that says "Favorite", is, likewise, the actual favorites tab.

What operating system are you guys running on?
Riiiight. Anyway, Vista 32bit

Upvote 0
So, are you guys trying to add to favorites from within the game? On Vista, it could be that the game isn't run in Administrator mode, which won't allow the game to create the file it normally does for the Favorites. If you are trying to add the server to favorites from within the game, as was previously stated, this doesn't appear to be working.

Upvote 0
I wanted to report these bugs too, but forgot.

The tabs are mixed (not saying in the tip what is on its titles).

And I added some servers to favs (from the game, when pressing esc) but the favs list was ALWAYS empty.

And an other what I noticed is that in the Friends-playing-server-list if you set a filter for eg. show only beginner servers, then in the normal internet server's list if there's set show ALL servers, it'll also list only the beginners there (till you turn back ALL on Friends too)! So nothing really works in that servers part in the game. :(

Op sys: WinXP 32bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I too have this problem. I was playing on a suicidal friendly fire server the other day and added the server to my favorites via the in game menu.

Hit Escape to see the options menu, clicked "Add to Favorites".

Nothing is there.

I run dual boot OS's:

Windows 7 x64
Windows XP SP3 x86

Favorites does not work on either of those.

Upvote 0
So, are you guys trying to add to favorites from within the game? On Vista, it could be that the game isn't run in Administrator mode, which won't allow the game to create the file it normally does for the Favorites. If you are trying to add the server to favorites from within the game, as was previously stated, this doesn't appear to be working.

When in-game, if you hit escape and hit 'Add to Favorites', I've NEVER had it work. I always have to go to the Server Browser, right-click, and say 'Add to favorites' when the server shows up.

I'm on Windows XP, so it's not a vista-related issue. It's kinda frustrating, because a lot of servers come and go, so when I find a good one, I wanna toss it into favorites while in-game so it doesn't get lost amongst the server list (Goes double if I can't remember the server name to look for). It's currently not possible.

Upvote 0

I'm running on Vista and did set up the game for Administrator privilege. Still can't add in-game.

Upvote 0
By looking around the killingFloor.ini file, I found something that may help you in solving this annoying issue.

First, here is the result of a server added to favorite with the escape menu ingame, while playing, it's added at the end of the section :
[KFmod.KFConsole]
Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="81.19.209.161",Port=7707,QueryPort=7708,ServerName=)
Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="216.67.245.195",Port=7707,QueryPort=7708,ServerName=)

Then, here is the result of a server added to favorite with the server browser with a right click, added at the end of the section :
[XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="62.75.222.166",Port=7757,QueryPort=7758,ServerName="[IS|GER] House of Pain #3 -= Killing Floor=-")

The first thing isn't working, the second works.
It seems that the ingame 'escape menu' button just add the server in the wrong section in the ini file : [KFmod.KFConsole] instead of [XInterface.ExtendedConsole].

To be sure about this before posting here, I tried to cut/paste a server from the wrong section into the one that seems right, and it makes it appear in the favorite list.

So, hopefully TripWire will take care of this minor bug in a next update.
In the meantime, all people that have added good server via escape menu (while playing), can edit their KillingFloor.ini file and move all favorite=(...) to the right section.
Don't worry about the empty names, they will be auto-completed and modified inside the KillingFloor.ini file, under the right section (where you moved them) as soon as you click on the favorite tab in the server browser.

So, just to resume how to do :

- Open [drive letter]:\steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\ KillingFloor.ini with notepad
- Search for [KFmod.KFConsole]
- select and cut all lines at the end of this section beginning with favorite=(
- search for [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
-
go to the last line and press enter (to make a new empty line)
-
paste the favorite line previously cutted.
- verify there is an empty line before the begining of the next section
(normally [XGame.xDeathMatch])

You've just updated your favorite servers list. \o/

Upvote 0