• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

satchel and score

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Due to disadvantage of close combat distance, engineer die by own satchel sometimes. If enemy tank crew is experienced well its hard to place satchel without death of engineer.

To fix that I have this simple idea:
IF ENGINEER DIE BY OWN SATCHEL AND IF HE KILL ENEMY VEHICLE THAN DO NOT REMOVE ANY SCORE FROM HIM.

Satchel is not easy to operate sometimes you must keep it in hands armed and than quickly throw it to prevent escaping of enemy vehicle to safe distance.

I am not sure but I think that servers understand it as TK kill, this should be fixed too, sometimes you destroy lot of vehicles at cost of your life.

Last edited:
I hope satchels are reduced to a purely objective-based use in HOS.

As it is in Ostfront, they're either super grenades that people dump in the middle of hot spots to rake in the kills, or they're spam objects used to destroy tanks(!) with relative ease compared to taking a minute to gather a panzerfaust.

Upvote 0
Throwing satchels in a mass of humanity and seeing the enemy blow is super fun, but really quite unrealistic.

Satchels were primarily used, as far as I am aware, to blow holes into walls, buildings, destroy obstacles, etc, and not for throwing against tanks or infantry in open.

It's about balancing fun with realism...

I think giving players magnetic mines to throw against tanks would be ideal, or Molotov cocktails to disable tanks/vehicles assuming there will be any in the new game.

But Stalingrad was insane and it called for insane measures, so why not, throw satchels as many as you got at the enemy.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
oh, i'm all for suicide satcheling lol, cause i can see the mass benefits of sacraficing yourself (1 life) to take out a 3 manned tank.....Leningrad anyone?

but you should get penalized for it, like how you currently lose points for "suicide". that's supposed to help deter people from just acting plain stupid. not taking points away would encourage more stupidity lol

Upvote 0