• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Things going stagnant?

No KF isn't going stagnant, theres a fresh thread open for a tournament, go look at it, it will spice up KF, but nooo you won't to moan some more, theres mutators out there to spice up KF, but nooo you want to moan some more, theres cheat codes you can type into a private server and have some fun, but nooo you want to moan some more, there's a truck load of custom maps available to spice up KF, but nooo you want to moan some more.

Enough with the "Nowt going on anymore" threads, holy bajeebus, open your eyes, stop being lazy and go search for the many brilliant beautiful things KF have to offer instead of saying there isn't anything which is a complete lie as i've already just prooved about 7 times in this one post!

Killing Floor is not stagnant, you people are stagnant, you want everything brought to you instead of going to find it.

GARRRAAARRGGHHHAARR!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mutators - not as many polished ones as you think

maps - very few that are even close to bug free and enjoyable. even the ones that are, you just do the same thing you'd do on a stock map....find the camp spot, kill, repeat.

"cheats" - i.e. sandbox mode and mutators. it's just customization.

here's the basic problem with all custom content....humans are lazy. people don't want to and won't go searching for it, you have to bring it to them. custom maps have a small impact since all it takes is for admins to set up servers with the maps. mutators fail because few take the time to go looking for them, let alone can find them to begin with. on top of that if the custom content is buggy, lacks polish and just isn't any good, of course it's not going to get used.

what KF needs is:
  1. balance/bug fixes
  2. new gametype - a way for team vs. team competition (and by team i mean 1v1 to 6v6, and NOT human deathmatch or specimentation....those are just features from other games that don't blend with this game.)
  3. new specimen to futher alter gameplay

Upvote 0
No KF isn't going stagnant, theres a fresh thread open for a tournament, go look at it, it will spice up KF, but nooo you won't to moan some more, theres mutators out there to spice up KF, but nooo you want to moan some more, theres cheat codes you can type into a private server and have some fun, but nooo you want to moan some more, there's a truck load of custom maps available to spice up KF, but nooo you want to moan some more.

Enough with the "Nowt going on anymore" threads, holy bajeebus, open your eyes, stop being lazy and go search for the many brilliant beautiful things KF have to offer instead of saying there isn't anything which is a complete lie as i've already just prooved about 7 times in this one post!

Killing Floor is not stagnant, you people are stagnant, you want everything brought to you instead of going to find it.

GARRRAAARRGGHHHAARR!

I wasn't saying there AREN'T new maps/mutators, but most of them are only a slight change at best, and often, are much WORSE than the normal game.

I've yet to find a mutator that's "Always on" because it's awesome or game-changing enough, or a map that I enjoy more than the stock ones.

Plus, no offense to TWI because we know they're busy right now, but we're going on over 2 solid months of KNOWN and ADMITTED Class/Weapon imbalances that haven't been fixed. It's frustrating to a few classes as being the only really viable options on Suicidal because that only makes it MORE stale...

Upvote 0
Plus, no offense to TWI because we know they're busy right now, but we're going on over 2 solid months of KNOWN and ADMITTED Class/Weapon imbalances that haven't been fixed. It's frustrating to a few classes as being the only really viable options on Suicidal because that only makes it MORE stale...

Thas moaning again, what is with this weapon hate, come on peoples is it such a problem, your not even fighting each other, ur fighting AI and yet your moaning to the high hell that someone has a better weapon than you...

heres the clue... you also can have this weapon, problem solved.

Enough enough owe boy yes enough moaning, the weapons are lovely, i fail to see the problem :confused:

Upvote 0
Thas moaning again, what is with this weapon hate, come on peoples is it such a problem, your not even fighting each other, ur fighting AI and yet your moaning to the high hell that someone has a better weapon than you...

Enough enough owe boy yes enough moaning, the weapons are lovely, i fail to see the problem :confused:

Challenge = Fun

M14 + Sharpshooter = No challenge at all...in any circumstance.

No Challenge = God Mode....which is boring....well it can be fun from time to time, but mostly boring.

there isnt a single threat to a level 6 m14 spamming sharpie, Taking away all the challenge and the oh sh!t moments, or wondering if your gonna survive this wave etc.

If you got an m14 spamming sharpie on your team, you may aswell go find a spot to camp, minimise the game and watch youtube vids for 5 or 10 mins, thats alot more fun currently.

Upvote 0
there isnt a single threat to a level 6 m14 spamming sharpie

false.

it's called a raging FP or Scrake on suicidal when you've got no Crossbow to take them out, in other words when you've either got wannabe "pros" or just a lack of team players. some can get away with it on hard, can barely can get away with in on suicidal (and that's still pretty rare), but never get away with it against the patty on suicidal. i've still yet to see proof of any team of 6 EBRs take down the patty on suicidal. i've spec'd teams of 6 epically failing and all getting wiped before he even takes enough damage to heal, but i've yet to see any team of 5 or 6 EBR spammers take down the patty.

but regardless even on suicidal, if you've got even just a decent team of level5s and 6s that know what they are doing the 10 waves are a cakewalk. the patty isn't always a guarantee, but the fight itself isn't really epic enough to waste the 60 minutes getting to him. i've gotten more into playing short and medium length games just to get to him sooner and make it a little more enjoyable.

Upvote 0
*real* custom servers (not 24/7 kf-grindmap) are not nearly popular enough for me to take this issue seriously. the problem here imo is that majority of the userbase just does not play this game like a survival shooter, they stay within the maps they know and grind grind grind away. it's like pulling teeth to get an unfamiliar map to win a vote sometimes, unless you're playing with regulars who have the same interests.

what needs to happen above all else imo is some way to downplay the leveling system, to me it's the biggest contributing factor to stagnation. players just focus on it way too much and get burned out playing samey maps all damn day, it really starts holding back the map community, since who wants to bother when people don't play your maps.

and all the whining about sharpshooters and m14, it's not the problem it seems if you think about this logically. if they were so overpowered, players would be that much more confident in their game, thus filling up suicidal and custom servers exponentially. obviously this is not the case, it's been brought up before, server population just does not show this happening at all.

Upvote 0
and all the whining about sharpshooters and m14, it's not the problem it seems if you think about this logically. if they were so overpowered, players would be that much more confident in their game, thus filling up suicidal and custom servers exponentially. obviously this is not the case, it's been brought up before, server population just does not show this happening at all.

Maybe so, but i have ALOT more fun in a game that doesnt have any sharpshooters playing.

i was in a 10 man server the other day, and honest to god, all other 9 players were sharpshooters, about 4 with crossbows and the rest with m14's

it was suicidal aswell, but it felt like beginner as any threat was immediately dispatched.

and you should know how boring beginner is.

Upvote 0

Then you end up with everyone having the same few weapons and it gets even more stale. Just because you just started the game and find everything to be amazing doesn't mean that folks who've been playing since release aren't going to be bored after a while.

Upvote 0
Maybe so, but i have ALOT more fun in a game that doesnt have any sharpshooters playing.

i was in a 10 man server the other day, and honest to god, all other 9 players were sharpshooters, about 4 with crossbows and the rest with m14's

it was suicidal aswell, but it felt like beginner as any threat was immediately dispatched.

and you should know how boring beginner is.

cool story but killing floor is a 6 man game last I heard.

Upvote 0
Irrelevant.

false. 10 players is an extra 4 players which is not what the game is designed for.......unless the max spawn was altered to up it from 32, 10 players to take care of 32 specimen at a time is a piece of cake no matter what classes and weapons they are using.

i made that arguement many times as well.....people have attempted to refute the point and usually fail. please i've been waiting for the illusive video showing a team of 6 EBRers "raping" on suicidal through all 10 waves and then the patty on top if it. it just gets repetitive making the same arugments over and over again when some people just don't use their brains. once you develop a "hate" for something, there's no going back if you develop an obsession over it.

all the tier3 weapons + level6 without any real change to gameplay and only 1 new specimen has made the game very easy for veteran players. hopefully the next update will be out before HOS is released....or else i'll probably never have the urge to play KF again :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again, I'd point out there's no game I've played forever, and there's no game that's remained profitable to dev forever.

It is ok to have experienced everything a game can currently offer. We don't pay a subscription fee. This isn't an MMO. We're not entitled to more than we're given. So let's not rush to the bathroom to grab our emo razors. Fans of a game want it to continually get more awesome in perpetuity...and that's never been realistic. Ever. We've already gotten more than I think anyone expected at release.

Upvote 0
I heard about a Custom Survival mutator for DA2 that would fix things (Most of the stuff in it, Dest is using in his upcoming patch). It did a hell of a job fixing most of the complaints and it's a genuinely unique experience now. Having 20+ people having to fortify a hill with turrets, ammo crates, rocket launchers, and snipers against a constant 70-specimen wave is awesome.

Just needs more servers and a few tweaks that it looks like Dest's upcoming patch is gonna do. But if you're bored of being trapped inside against a few specs and wanna try a "Military-style", massive, outdoor battle, give DA2 a try with the Custom Survival mutator or the patch that's coming out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
false. 10 players is an extra 4 players which is not what the game is designed for.......unless the max spawn was altered to up it from 32, 10 players to take care of 32 specimen at a time is a piece of cake no matter what classes and weapons they are using.

you seem to of forgotten that enemy health raises with each extra player.

yet 1 sharpie was still able to take on multiple 10 player suicidal fleshpounds and scrakes easily.

also...max spawn was altered.

Upvote 0
in reply to some crossbow post above along with raging fleshpounds.
You shouldn't be using the xbow to one shot fleshpounds, it shouldnt be able to one shot fleshpounds, and if you can't survive Suicidal without it you have no skillz bro.

Nice troll.

You can do whatever you want and people with plenty of skill use it. The designated sharpshooters in my team will burn throuh 3 crossbows in a wave and never miss a single headshot. Plenty of skill there.

Upvote 0