• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you be able to change "skins" & sounds in RO:HOS as in CS:S?

variety is needed.we can't expect tripwire to be able to cover all the uniform and equipment.

hopefully user made content, maps, sounds, models,skins etc can be used pending approval from tripwire. simple bounding box guidelines will work.

or maybe they can take the best community made projects and insert them in the game via patches.

Upvote 0
If the variety is visibly to all players it might work. But variety, what's that exactly? To be honest I totally agree with Zetsumei and Bobdog, I don't want others to see me as a red dressed walking enemy. If the variety comes in aspects like (I know this has been discussed in other threads) different uniforms and uniform parts. Like some wearing a field cap others the steel helmet. Different kinds of field blouse, one in spring camo, some in standard field grey, the soviets in NKVD camo uniforms, etc. But the selection of uniforms and headgear should be decided by each player on their own. They should decide which cloths to wear.

The sound thing, please no, cause like others yet mentioned foot steps or breathing would be extra loud and so on. No fair gaming!

Upvote 0
variety is needed.we can't expect tripwire to be able to cover all the uniform and equipment.

hopefully user made content, maps, sounds, models,skins etc can be used pending approval from tripwire. simple bounding box guidelines will work.

or maybe they can take the best community made projects and insert them in the game via patches.

You can use everything, the key is that that in the world of unreal you do it either with mutators serverwise or you do it within custom maps. And i think it should stay like that.

Because the truth is even while statistically you should see most people with exactly the regular outfitting, in an online game everybody will pick the most extraordinary soldier they can find.

Upvote 0
Oh god no, please no mutators. It's so damn annoying that you have to download Heer*addyearandautumn/summer/spring/winterhere*camo.utx and **** like that worth of hundred MB's when I'd just want to play a quick match.

:<

Those upl files you always download by default are like 1kb each :p. Its just that a lot of serveradmins put files in the serverpackages that should not be there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no no no, pls not!
oh god, if u guys wanna customize your soldier, weapons etc, find another game!

sims2 or something, a dollhouse-game, put on some make-up, "wauu, look, my sniper has a new skirt" there u can put on different clothes, try new styles and this whole crap. (girls just wanna have fun ;D)
the tank crew must have pink nails! and stuff like this.
what the hell do u guys want?

i would be very damn pissed off if ROHOS shows up like MWII or CS.
this game should be authentic and unitary. (i ill have to admit, that on DH, the skins look pretty authentic, BUT this takes place in 44 and 45`where the skins are 1. not (!) adaptable, 2. authentic, due to the mix of troops, which is a fact)

RO should stay RO. pls do not copy weak games in this way

Upvote 0
no no no no no no no no no no no no
Server side it would be lame and the atmosphere of the games destroyed not to mention the annoying downloads.
Client side would result in cheating with sounds turned off or removed, 'material/texture hacks' and coloured/highlighted player models.

**** is lame so no understood?

Upvote 0
no no no no no no no no no no no no
Server side it would be lame and the atmosphere of the games destroyed not to mention the annoying downloads.
Client side would result in cheating with sounds turned off or removed, 'material/texture hacks' and coloured/highlighted player models.
Afaik the server doesn't change your sound settings.

Upvote 0