• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons

Lennox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 30, 2010
Hey!

I have some ideas for new weapons in Killing Floor:

- The FN P90 for the medic, because I think medics should have one more smg

- There should also be some mgs, maybe coherent with a new heavy perk

- A sniper rifle for the sharpshooter perk, e.g. the l96 or the steyr scout with a scope so you can kill zombies from a wide range

This are just some ideas I have and I want to know what you think about it.

Thanks!http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=DEdPgA&search=coherent

These have unfortunately been suggested before, so I'll rerun my answers as they were the first time :)

1) The medic doesn't need a new gun, he can use any gun in the game along with his Mp7, and any damage boost he is given would make him WAY too overpowered. Plus I can't stand the P90 after playing CSS and CoD4 and getting killed by spraying noobs :)

2) The only way to keep MGS balanced is to have the recoil insane while moving, and slow the player to really slow movement speed. However this game does already have a tendency to lead to camping, and a heavy perk would dominate in that environmenmt.

3) I would love a Steyr Scout, but the Sharpie is overpowered and has too many weapons already. If anything the M14 should be changed to an M21 Sniper, but other than that it would jsut be a waste putting in a new sharpie weapon.

Keep trying to think of stuff though dude, its always puzzled me why there isn't a proper sniper rifle in this game ;)

Upvote 0
When introducing weapons in this forum no one will take you seriously unless you give a good reason why it should be added and the niche in gameplay that is currently unoccupied that these weapons fill.

Balance is needed right now and I have serious doubts TWI will ever consider adding additional wepaons except perhaps for firebug because RO:HOS is taking the front right now.

Upvote 0
When introducing weapons in this forum no one will take you seriously unless you give a good reason why it should be added and the niche in gameplay that is currently unoccupied that these weapons fill.

Balance is needed right now and I have serious doubts TWI will ever consider adding additional wepaons except perhaps for firebug because RO:HOS is taking the front right now.

The first rational thing I've seen on "Ideas and Suggestions" in ages.

This isn't the "Guns You've Seen in Other Games" board. You need to come here with actual ideas.

Reactions: trick
Upvote 0
- There should also be some mgs, maybe coherent with a new heavy perk
Thanks!

No. The idea for this perk is just bad but I'm a little against new perks being thrown in anytime soon as is. While I'm not against new weapons there are other things I'd prefer like new game mode, female skins / voice acters (or just some more voice acters), but most certainly not a MG. Not even a light machine gun unless at some point in the game you get like rank 8 or 9 then maybe. I think a machine gun is just a bad idea for this game both for trying to play using it and other people playing with someone using it, let alone a class devoted to its use.

A sniper rifle isn't a bad suggestion though, been suggested before. As is I'm more concerned with the SS weapons that are in the game now getting tweaked cuz its (1)too many of them for their class and (2) for the most part too lopsided, mainly because they get too much of a straight damage boost them ontop of it extra HS damage. I do agree at some point that a real sniper rifle should be thrown in just not right now as things are.

Upvote 0
I want; a trained dragon for the firebug, a potable hospital for the medic, minigun for the commando, a medieval cannon for the demo, the predators shoulder cannon for the sharpshooter, the devastator weapon form duke3d for the support and a steamroller for the zerker.

Plaese add these immediately k thanks.

Upvote 0
3) I would love a Steyr Scout, but the Sharpie is overpowered and has too many weapons already. If anything the M14 should be changed to an M21 Sniper, but other than that it would jsut be a waste putting in a new sharpie weapon.

Techincally the "m14" is a M21 because theres is not a full auto switch. Not saying that they should add a full auto switch to the M21 making it an M14 although that would be pretty cool. Keep the M21 drop a 4x acog on the rail and if you feel get rid of the laser sight.

I want; a trained dragon for the firebug, a potable hospital for the medic, minigun for the commando, a medieval cannon for the demo, the predators shoulder cannon for the sharpshooter, the devastator weapon form duke3d for the support and a steamroller for the zerker.

Plaese add these immediately k thanks.

second this want all NOW

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a few ideas to add onto this topic.
A) A hypodermic dart rifle contating a tranquilizer, which can be used to slow zeds. I think it could be a medic weapon and used to slow down specimens to keep them exposed for logner and to perhaps save a bleeding team-mate from a gorefast that's getting a little bit close to him
B) I think a hunting rifle, such as the spring field (I think) would be nice, with perhaps 25 rounds, costs about $200 (pounds) and weighs 5-7 blocks (not doing as much damage as the crossbow)
C) I'm guessing these have been suggested, but perhaps nightvision and thermal goggles. the ups of nightvision is taht you only need a small amount of light to see in a dim area, but if a grenade goes off (or antoher explosive), a flashlight gets shone in your face or if any bright-light creating event occurs you suffer from temporary blindness (perhaps a "I cant' bloody see" sound clip(s)). The thermal goggles would show things varying from red to blue (based on heat. duh) and shows smudges through walls, giving you an impression that something's there but not who it is or how many. Also, I think as a downside for both of the goggles you can't see the HUD markers above players, indicating who they are, their lvl and their health/armour.

Upvote 0
make an m4 or m16 for the commando and a auto matic g18 pistol

Not sure if that was sarcasm or a real suggestion but I'd rather have the SCAR and a Glock 18 semi auto as my sidearm only if they give all the classes specialized sidearms to fit them..making my pistol full auto is dumb, it's not meant to really be my trash clearing weapon.

If it was sarcasm..touche.

Upvote 0