• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Customizable Charactor Perhaps?

farmergoose

Jan 11, 2010
Russia
Ive seen some posts regarding what too do with spare cash after the game/final wave has ended,

Why not have a bankin system which you can purchase new gear for your guy ? rather than having a preset model, this way you can distinguish different chara's instead of like three people having the same one.

Have a new button on the start menu or even in options for Charactor layout/loadout.

I realize thats alot of work for the dev's but it would be a fun and a sense of achivement for the players ? It could also be...if you defeat the final wave you get the full amount of spare cash but if you get defeated your cash gets reduced by 30% or so ?

By new gear i mean, different chest pieces and helmets etc you can change about after purchase with your spare cash...Maybe colour changing available too ? only the basic colours nothing special.

Like the idea of customizable characters, but not the idea about spending spare cash on it. Why would anyone be giving out money to his teammates if there was a reward at the end for the person who managed to hog all the money for himself? This would encourage bad teamwork when it comes to sharing your weapons and money :/

Id rather see this work with achievements. Like, defeat certain achievements and you unlock new gear/skins or what ever which you can use to alter the looks of your character. This way it wouldnt actually affect the gameplay, and would give us some reason to do the achievements.

Or if not that, then perhaps the game would count a score based on the kills you made, the amount of hp you healed on your teammates, how much cash you gave out etc etc and youd use those points to purchase the new gear.

But if we are being realistic, I doubt TW will ever add such feature. At least not on this version of KF. If there will be a sequel, KF 2, then who knows.

Upvote 0
Maybe if you got awarded a set amount of "Customisation Points" for successful games(difficulty dependant) that you could use to net you a few aesthetic upgrades. I'd be up for this, so long as the coolest skin ideas were restricted to the DLC packs. Otherwise, TWI aren't really going to get as much money out of the current KF community, pushing them to create less free content packs.
Maybe something else that a player could buy with it instead, but I can't think what that could be.

Upvote 0
I don't like the idea of encourging money hording, but a possible balance could be that it only counts $$ when the team survives the patty, and the entire team get the average amount of money. So if 1 person is hogging all the $$ and kills, they won't get anything at the end when the team dies. Or it the team does make it thru then everyone gets a share of the kill whore's wealth. IF people are team players they aren't really who's pocket the money is in, or if they only get a portion of it

With this there may also have to be a balance for piggy backing on some level 6's to the 10 wave, and then kicking them/them dropping during trader time

Upvote 0
survival doesn't mean that mohawks cannot be included.

Can double up, have DLC for things the money can be used for.

Like a mega hair/hat pack, you buy the pack you get 2 hats, 3 topues you can use for free, the other 47 hats/hair you have to spend the customize points to unlock. (could get customize point for acheivements rather than left over money, could even get thing that are unlocked specific acheivements)

Upvote 0
Like the idea of customizable characters, but not the idea about spending spare cash on it. Why would anyone be giving out money to his teammates if there was a reward at the end for the person who managed to hog all the money for himself? This would encourage bad teamwork when it comes to sharing your weapons and money :/

Id rather see this work with achievements. Like, defeat certain achievements and you unlock new gear/skins or what ever which you can use to alter the looks of your character. This way it wouldnt actually affect the gameplay, and would give us some reason to do the achievements.

Or if not that, then perhaps the game would count a score based on the kills you made, the amount of hp you healed on your teammates, how much cash you gave out etc etc and youd use those points to purchase the new gear.

But if we are being realistic, I doubt TW will ever add such feature. At least not on this version of KF. If there will be a sequel, KF 2, then who knows.

Hmm i see your point about money hording, the next guys comment is interesting; rather than keepin your money perhaps earn customsational points or something along those lines.

Upvote 0
I'd be up for this, so long as the coolest skin ideas were restricted to the DLC packs. Otherwise, TWI aren't really going to get as much money out of the current KF community, pushing them to create less free content packs.

TWI could release DLC packs with only the most awesome parts for your character, berets, shades stuff like that.

Upvote 0
Like I said, they should give points from different things in the game, healing, welding, killing... More points for killing bigger enemies perhaps, some points for surviving a wave and a big reward for defeating the Patriarch.

I dont really care where you get points as long as its not the money you had left.. Need something that encourages teamwork rather than soloing and stealing.

Upvote 0
Like I said, they should give points from different things in the game, healing, welding, killing... More points for killing bigger enemies perhaps, some points for surviving a wave and a big reward for defeating the Patriarch.

I dont really care where you get points as long as its not the money you had left.. Need something that encourages teamwork rather than soloing and stealing.

I cant really say it is nice simple ideas we're coming up with but surely some aspects of all these different things could fit in with DLC too help keep the KF community alive.

Upvote 0
Perhaps make the entire thing a DLC.
about $10-15 sound about right.

The price should reflect the product and the work gone in to making it.
Even if it's just being able to mix up existing gear, i'd like it.

I'd like to see Mr Foster in a hazmat suit.

Oh, special DLC sets for each charature
Mr. Foster a couple of differnt suits (even though pin strip is the best)
The raver, can have a deamon costume, and a light up shirt
Carnivore can have a hulk shorts and a more ripped shirt, and a more boiled skin

ect...

Upvote 0