• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade impact

Attilaken

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Belgium
One thing I'd like to see improved in RO2 is the impact of grenades on players.
In RO one can for example lay down on a crate with half of his body hanging over the crate. Then when a grenade explodes next to the crate, the guy just don't get killed (while half of his body should have been dismembered).

Same goes for small relief on a field. When you lay down in a small downturn sometimes a grenade does not kill even if it explodes next to you but on a slight higher relief. I know a nade does not kill when it explodes next to a steap pit where you are in, but sometimes it is just not realistic enough.

Smart and experienced players tend to use that trick, which is quite frustrating.

I hope this can be solved in the next RO2 ! :p

i would like to see effects of the concussion and explosion on player... ext... stunned from a nade that goes off close to you or arty or tank rounds...

this might sounds kinda movie-ish but it is survivable... getting launched by an explosion... that would be cool (of course being stunned after wards)
on that note too... having random animations for people who have had their legs blow off or arms blown off... crawling and screaming or something... that would add immersion :eek:

Upvote 0
you can only survive 1 explosion from a grenade( while being in close proximity of the granade.), and you will scream while doing so. Your after the secound, your body goes into shock.

you get damaged about 60 if you survive from the grenade.

you can survive a grenade from 1,5 meters away in you lay down. 2 sec left before it explodes, no problem, just run in the opposite direction and throw yourself to the ground.

i like the grenade system as it is tough..
and if you wonder how much health you got left, just type %h in team chat.
Got shot by three k98k rounds got 2 health. I will prevail. cant touch this.

Upvote 0
if a nade lands right next to a brick, you can be right next to the explosion
without getting hurt...

but since the HoS will have penetration the day of diving behind a small piece of wood to survive a nade should be over, i hope...

offtopic:

:) no more window clipping snipers where you have to shoot the 5 visible pixels to kill him .. even if you hit the window-frame penetration will kill the guys standing behind that window-frame :)

over are the days "mg deploys on a wooden fance (zhitomir/warehouses) and stays save while quickly undeploying"

Last edited:
Upvote 0