• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-MildManors (KF 1.0 Manor remake)

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
I'm pretty you played KF 1.0 and played the map KF-Manor. I'm guessing you did and probably wanted a remake for the new KF, I presume. Well guess who took the iniative to remake it properly without errors like some of my other maps? ME! (obviously)
Map name: KF-MildManors.rom
Playable: Yes
Beta 1.01
Download: Yay! You can probably guess why the download was removed? Because I forgot to package a file or two!
Story: No need to say it.
Screenshots: Whats the point its the kf 1.0 remake of the manor map, I'm sure most of us knows what it looks like. If you don't know it looks like manor with less features, uglier, and its raining.

Last edited:
I checked the map like 5 times for foreign texture packs and I cound't find any, how is this possible, again?

because youre not saving to mylevel.

PS: youll find that when it comes to vegetation and water in 1.0, it uses SOME sort of texture from UT2004.

PPS: i was planning to port this but figured no one would like it XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh right...

i see you porting stuff left and right and im like, "how in the world does this guy do it so fast?"

when youre porting these they need alot more attention. things like zone portals, collision, exploits, all need to be checked from top to bottom. even though alex is a great mapper now, back then he wasnt as good so expect to see things like rectangular zone portals, paper on the floor with collision, tons of emitters, doors made from movers, no cull distance, etc etc.

Upvote 0
what's wrong with rectangular zone portals?

it makes a zone inside of it. so you have:

zone[zone]zone

but if you use a sheet you have:

zone|zone

using rectangles uses up a zone (you need to make the most out of the number of them you have which i think is 64 but back then it was 24 i think). in some cases this isnt too bad because i rarely need to use all 64. but also, looking into that many zones at once can hurt fps because zones only help when youre not looking at them unlike anti portals.

Upvote 0