• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does...

I was under the impression England as well as most of Europe had adopted the Euro, but then again it's not something I care about in the least so I could be mistaken.

Who is telling you this? Why do Americans believe this? In reality it's only some of Western Europe that has it, the UK won't touch the Euro with a **** covered stick and they don't want to let the eastern European nations have it because it would lower the value.

Upvote 0
We DONT

We DONT

Who is telling you this? Why do Americans believe this? In reality it's only some of Western Europe that has it, the UK won't touch the Euro with a **** covered stick and they don't want to let the eastern European nations have it because it would lower the value.

You know, NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE IDIOTS. but sadly enough:( many are. Please do not rant about stereotypical americans (unless you qoute LK's Bandit Keith parody)

But a bad apple spoils the bunches' PR i guess....

Upvote 0
You know, NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE IDIOTS. but sadly enough:( many are. Please do not rant about stereotypical americans (unless you qoute LK's Bandit Keith parody)

But a bad apple spoils the bunches' PR i guess....

There was no rant there or insults.

This isn't the first time I've had an American tell me we use the Euro here and I'm wondering where they pick up this misinformation. Do they teach it in schools over there or is CNN just biblically uninformed?

Upvote 0
There was no rant there or insults.

This isn't the first time I've had an American tell me we use the Euro here and I'm wondering where they pick up this misinformation. Do they teach it in schools over there or is CNN just biblically uninformed?

It's probably because the dollar is such a standardised currency in America and the other colonies that they assume that the Euro is in the same position, a universal continent currency.

Upvote 0
Why does everyone think the currency used ingame is the Euro? (and therefore, why does everyone believe England uses the Euro)?

"Everyone" eh? You don't have teh logics to good huh?

I've never heard anyone in the game refer to it as the Euro let alone everyone. If anything I hear it called "bucks" (dollars).

I also am quite aware that the UK does not use the Euro. "Not proper currency if it doesn't have her majesty's head" and all that.

Mind you if you guys had you would be in a lot better shape today. Didn't the pound nosedive against the Euro?

Upvote 0
Didn't the pound nosedive against the Euro?

I think it did a couple of months back (thats another thing I hate about Americans, they always say stuff like 'a couple months'), but I'm pretty sure the worst of the British recession is past, not too sure about the global one. If only we could claw some of that money back off of the MPs we'd be much better off.

I don't follow, are you suggesting Americans need to have a degree in IR to know the difference between Europe, America and the colonies?

I know some Americans who figured it out without higher education. I think it's you who is now playing the "stupid American" stereotype.

I have been know to play the American stereotype in the past so perhaps you're right.

Upvote 0