• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poundamonium leveling

In that case, you better blacklist Westlondon. It has way more places for this. While you're at it, blacklist every other map with a corner.

lots of beginner pound servers are using WATERWORKS and sitting on the lockers near the corpse with his head through the TV... only threat is occasional stacking ends up putting one confused fp on the ledge w you. though as this threadset shows, theres a whole bunch of maps with easy ways to grind.

Upvote 0
Whatever gets these newbies a decent level to play suicidal is fine by me, im tired of level 0's joining and being no lubed in seconds leaving me with 3 times as many beasts to kill, i mean come on peoples, its fun at times but when its a serious achievement hunt thats on we just dont need it!

The biggest Pound exploit is waterworks, you don't even need a medic for that one, anything that requires damage to perk up is done in about 10 rounds.

Upvote 0
But then you'll have even more lvl 6 Sharpies joining that have no idea how to play and only get kills with the xbow headshots.

Again i'd rather have them make headshots than die...

My last game i played with a guy who was a medic to face patty on suicidal, i mean come on, the stupidity is growing by the minute with these people.

The line up to fight patty was.

Level 5 Support with a normal shotgun, not a hunting or AA, a normal shotgun.
Level 5 Demolitions with a handgun and pipebombs, no launcher
Level 6 Medic with a katana and a Xbow
Level 6 Sharpshooter with a xbow(me)
Level 5 Sharpshooter with a xbow
Level 6 Commando with a scar

I'm sorry there is no way in hell we could survive that, i was killed by mis-direction of the patty when he cloaked, ran into me.
Support and Commando died by rocket(shrapnel)
Demo died on his own pipebombs
and Medic died after running three times around the level getting zero hits on patty and killing specimins.

I'd rather have 6 sharpshooters with xbows making headshots than these stupid players who probably can't even spell team.

Upvote 0
o_O

My thread.
Btw, i was planning to make a KF server thats rlly populair.
Well, after some research on Gametracker i saw theres not much Poundamonium servers. But there very populair. So i set one up.

But, my server is closed because i saw allot of ppl only comming to it for the llving ;)

I only played there for my own fun.
Btw, i think most players know that if they want to lvl even faster that they better can go to a doom + bloated..

Upvote 0
Whatever gets these newbies a decent level to play suicidal is fine by me, im tired of level 0's joining and being no lubed in seconds leaving me with 3 times as many beasts to kill, i mean come on peoples, its fun at times but when its a serious achievement hunt thats on we just dont need it!

The biggest Pound exploit is waterworks, you don't even need a medic for that one, anything that requires damage to perk up is done in about 10 rounds.

even if they get to lvl 6 that doesn't guarantee they won't die like noobs. a noob is a noob. if you want to get good at KF you have to play it legitimately and not power level. that is the only way, level does not make you instantly better.
a good KF player is deadly even with a lvl 1 perk.

A compromise. I you check the old thread "poundamonium:why the hate?", the thread ends with a general decision that a compromise fair to all players would be enacted. Lets stick with that.

yes, we agreed that there is a way that both poundamonium players and anti-leveling activists can both be happy.

an anti-camping mut was one of the ideas. not sure what the other one was.

like i said before, the only time you can camp on poundamonium is when you are power leveling in an area where they cant hit you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
even if they get to lvl 6 that doesn't guarantee they won't die like noobs. a noob is a noob. if you want to get good at KF you have to play it legitimately and not power level. that is the only way, level does not make you instantly better.
a good KF player is deadly even with a lvl 1 perk..

I respect your point, but i'd still rather have someone with a level 6 perk shooting randomly on suicidal than i would a pro player at level 1, you can be as pro as they come, but on suicidal a fleshpound will still no lube you, at least with a level 6 you have a reasonable weapon to fight with, level 1's have nothing and get owned by clots in the opening wave.

an anti-camping mut was one of the ideas. not sure what the other one was.

The anti camp would be a bad idea in my eyes, because if your playing legit you still hold one area of the map and thus camping, you can't run around willy nilly, thats how no lube is brought on :D

Upvote 0
The anti camp would be a bad idea in my eyes, because if your playing legit you still hold one area of the map and thus camping, you can't run around willy nilly, thats how no lube is brought on :D

hold an area on pounds only and don't move for long enough to trigger an anti-camper mod?
i highly doubt that's possible.

Upvote 0
hold an area on pounds only and don't move for long enough to trigger an anti-camper mod?
i highly doubt that's possible.

You might doubt it, but it doesn't mean its not possible, i can play beginner pounds and not move an inch, xbox them before they even have the chance to move, the AA12 takes down about 3 in a clip to the head, put that with a few people playing, you wouldn't have to move anywhere but the trader, thus anti-camping would not work, camping is an essential part of the game.

And just for my benefit, what would the consequence be if the Anti-Camp was triggered? losing life, instant death? Again what would seriously be the point of that in a game like Killing Floor, although it would make a more challenging mode... interesting.

Upvote 0
No matter how polished the game is, there is always going to be people who exploit/grind for levels. Even if you patch the game to perfection, you'll still have those who utilize third-party tools to invade/manipulate game data. It's an endless battle.

In the case of the latter, I'd say whether 'Poundamonium' was whited or not is the least of the community's concerns. At least those players are WORKING for their levels...

Upvote 0
In the case of the latter, I'd say whether 'Poundamonium' was whited or not is the least of the community's concerns. At least those players are WORKING for their levels...

not the ones who sit in the wall room on doom2 with a chainsaw and get healed lol

and the consequence would probably be that you start to lose massive health. BUT there would be a ton of warnings before that.

or it could just kill you

Upvote 0