• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Begginner Poundamonium: why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want a way to play my mutator

I just want a way to play my mutator

yeah when fun = being able to level a demoman from 0 to 6 in about 2 hours.

not solely the fault of the mutator, but until the whitelist system (testing, removal) is improved, the mutator is a catalyst for major exploitation of the game.

All we need is a way to be able to stop the exploitation of the perk system without killing the mutator, for it is very fun. Really, ITS NOT JUST FULL OF EXPLOITATION! THERES ALSO THOSE WHO PLAY IT CUZ ITS FUN! THATS WHAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO DO!

Upvote 0
yeah when fun = being able to level a demoman from 0 to 6 in about 2 hours.

not solely the fault of the mutator, but until the whitelist system (testing, removal) is improved, the mutator is a catalyst for major exploitation of the game.
Who really gives a crap? It's a game. Stop raining on everyone else's parade if they're not playing it as you want them to.

Reactions: timur
Upvote 0
Who really gives a crap? It's a game. Stop raining on everyone else's parade if they're not playing it as you want them to.

BAM. Truer words never spoken. Unless they are directly ruining your experience, and not "BAW He's a high level and not very good and that ruins my experience" but "He found a way to killed the trader on the map and now I can't buy guns", there's nothing to fix here. It's pointless complaining.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank You

Thank You

Thank you very much for this. It's time that someone really recodnized that it's not worth ruining other people's game experiences because they don't do as you tell them too, or they in some way have something to do with something that is a slight inconvenience to you.

Upvote 0
Hahahaa I remember when I first got the game. I was so scared and confused joining this server with all those big guys running around. Ill be honest I havent joined since, those guys scare the **** out of me.

I play a lot and still havent gotten too serious about it. The idea about not being able to level perks past a certain point on a certain difficulty is kinda cool, but what about the casual players? Some people (like my little brother) like to play this on normal to "level up" for a while. If you make it so he cant level anymore without moving up a notch, sure in theory he would have to just get better , but really, he may just stop playing and move to something else thats easier( A different game). I know this sounds silly, but we gotta cater to all gamer types to make this game as successful as it can be.

Upvote 0

what then, is the point of the whitelist system if it doesn't prevent ALL cheap exploitable leveling methods?

i'm not telling people to stop playing poundamonium. i'm saying right now there is a hole in the system and people are exploiting it to the fullest.

when you're on a ship and it springs a leak, you patch it up. that's common sense.

the minute you allow KF to have even little exploits, you instantly get a bajillion servers based around that exploit instead of legitimate servers that are actually fun.

and you ask, what am i going to do about it? well there is nothing i can directly do about it, but what i can do is report the exploits and propose fixes for them and the whitelist system. i've made whole threads doing just that. so do i think i'm making an impact on the exploits of KF? not really, but im not going to just pretend to be okay with it either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

like omar said....obviously TW (that's you) felt it necissary to impliment the whitelist to stop people from exploiting to level and farm acheivements.

I want people to play fairly, doesn't everyone?

Again, what does it bother YOU if you do not have to play on those servers or with people you don't want to?

You're crying over spilled milk.

i don't play on "these" servers, mostly because they really don't exist. people can hop into solo, load up the mutator, play a map of concert hall and in 10 waves have dealt 2 million damage as a demoman. it does bother me that the game is as exploitable as it is, given all the lengths taken by TW to make it so "exploit proof" (by whitelisting maps). you cared so much to get maps approved and to get rid of maps like KF-Leveling, yet this is ok by your standards? i think not.

we don't mean to come off as rude but we're trying to help you to make your game better by letting you know it's an issue and all we can do is hope it is fixed....eventually.

also, correct me if i'm wrong, but way back in may or june when the game was first out, i vaguely remembered reading that there was no leveling or acheivements tracked if you used the sandbox or any "specimen" mutators. i'll go dig back to see if i'm just imagining things or not....but i distinctly remember being extremely happy when i started headshoting clots with the clotbuster in solo and it was actually tracking the progress because i had thought that none of the mutators worked with stats.

[edit]
and yes, i've played with the poundamonium mutator plenty of times too for the challenge and yes it's a hell of a time playing. i don't mind the mutators, in fact i like them alot. but they can't be allowed to get exploited to the extent that they are now. or in that case, there should have never been any whitelist, never any bug fixes on the farm central roof, or manor's shed, westlondon's gate or any of the other infamous exploit spots. the point is, the game is getting exploited and it's an issue that shouldn't be getting overlooked like it is, let alone having moderators telling concerned customers they "don't give a crap".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really, But totally ruinig other's gaming?

Really, But totally ruinig other's gaming?

Lets say your from TWI, and you are wondering if you should follow the forums and get rid of perks for begginer and mutators. These both cater to sizeable servers who grow every day, and have legitimate players there. Now lets say you want to improve the game and still make a profit.

Theres option A, where you destroy the targeted server's perks in the name of justice, causing numerous people to leave and reducing profits, as well as limiting the game, and basically taking out a considerable and viable feature.

Cuz it's all about you and how you want to play, and it's just not fair, letting all those mean people wrecking your time. For, it's not fair for those people to get perks! your the only people who should get past lvl3. In fact, just make it so only senoir forum members gst perk priveldges. That'll show 'em for having fun!

Then theres option B, which is called pretending that this thread doesnt exist, and so giving them and excuse to not do anything, keeping profits unhindered, and all those lovers of poundamonium happy.

Sorry to burst you bubble. I know it's hard, but when your disrupting people legitimatley playing just to get at the grinder (who will always find another way, unlike poundamonium player who have no replacements) population in your eternalwar with inevitable cheating.

PS no hard feelings, but I want the mutators free from your oppression, and, no offense, TWI will likely destroy mutator perks only after the remaining people playing the mutators for fun leave.

Upvote 0
PS no hard feelings, but I want the mutators free from your oppression, and, no offense, TWI will likely destroy mutator perks only after the remaining people playing the mutators for fun leave.

i understand your point. i just think there is a middleground. it's not like the only solutions are ones that are black and white and will not please everyone.

the mutator doesn't have to be gotten rid of or de-whitelisted, nor does it have to remain the way it is.

imo this kind of thing should add more criteria a map has to meet to be whitelisted.

i.e:exploitable spots: you test a map and find none on regular mode because of camping deterents like sirens and husks, but on poundamonium? that's a different story.

also, someone could make an anti-camping mutator which would force people to not stay in one spot for a really long time. (chances are if you ARE staying in one spot on poundamonium, you are level grinding.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry, but i would stand up for fairness over exploitation. maybe that's because i believe in something called ethics. i'd expect and hope that TW stands for that as well.

the middle ground is simple. if there is any aspect of the game, whether it is a mutator or a map that allows for major exploitation of the game, no player can level while using that content. they can use their perks, but they cannot level. thereby ending exploitation while still allowing people to have "fun" with the content.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40519[/URL]

it was mentioned months back by TW themselves. there is the solution.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.