• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

British Weapons

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Ever thought about a Bren Gun? People have said before about having a "big" machine gun. But this is a british-based game, so a Bren Gun would be appropiate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bren_light_machine_gunhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bren_light_machine_gun - Info on the Bren Gun
YouTube - Could everyone stop getting shot!? - a scene from a popular british movie with a Bren Gun.
a Scoped Lee-Einfield rifle or something along the lines of that will be nice. In my opinion, it's a great idea for a "level 7" update.

Also, the Enfield rifle will give the sharpshooter back it's "power" if you guys at TWI decide to make the Gunslinger perk in the end. People complain about how the Sharpshooter's power is in the pistols, but now the sharpshooter has what? M14, LAR, Crossbow, and the Enfield sniper rifle! :D

Last edited:
I would like to see the l85, that gun is british, it would work with commando, it could be give the commando a slightly better sniping ability than the other commando weapons with a susat scope.
It makes sense considering this was a standard issue rifle. Not to mention the L85A2 is still used today.

As far as ww2, that could be a dlc with british, german, russian weapons (red orchestra anyone), maybe a mutator, but I don't know if it fits into the overall killing floor idea. With loads of zombies and everyone dead, where would they get the weapons anyway, they are not common.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to see the l85, that gun is british, it would work with commando, it could be give the commando a slightly better sniping ability than the other commando weapons with a susat scope.
It makes sense considering this was a standard issue rifle. Not to mention the L85A2 is still used today.

As far as ww2, that could be a dlc with british, german, russian weapons (red orchestra anyone), maybe a mutator, but I don't know if it fits into the overall killing floor idea. With loads of zombies and everyone dead, where would they get the weapons anyway, they are not common.

Both these guns have been suceeded by the H&K SA80, but also its the bullpup in essence.

Upvote 0
I guess I did have not looked close enough at the bullpup. But it seems the l85 has a longer barrel. The reason I suggested it was due to the susat scope and the high accuracy, but I guess the scar having a scope is enough. Would be nice if a susat scope could be added to the bullpup. But weapons like this are already being talked about on the forums. Like m4 nightvsion scope thread.

Upvote 0
I guess I did have not looked close enough at the bullpup. But it seems the l85 has a longer barrel. The reason I suggested it was due to the susat scope and the high accuracy, but I guess the scar having a scope is enough. Would be nice if a susat scope could be added to the bullpup. But weapons like this are already being talked about on the forums. Like m4 nightvsion scope thread.

Don't fret, you are right the two are different. SA80 is a general family acronym while the one in game is an L22.

Just about what your saying: Enfield L85 Suggestion

Like m4 nightvsion scope thread.

Absolute tosh, I wouldn't stand for it, and many others :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps this is a suitable weapon, it was earmarked to become the next British weapon before 7.62x51mm NATO was made the standard round.

EM2.jpg

It's chambered in 7mm.

It is a high-quality bullpup layout rifle from about WW2 era.

Upvote 0