• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poundamonium leveling

Maybe you would have higher perks if you spent more time playing and less time worrying about other players.

KF would be a crappy game if we just allowed the leveling spammers to have their way and have their leveling maps and exploit using poundamonium players.

KF has a whitelist for a reason. it isn't taking any extra work for me to put a short post on a forum making TWI aware of yet another exploit people are using to level their perks too easily.

Upvote 0
As much as I hate hacks....

As much as I hate hacks....

EDIT: I needed to re-word a sentence

You know, I fully agree that there is too much poundamonium exploitation, but I personally love poundamonium, and know people like me who dont play it for perks, but don't want to be totally blacklisted, thereby killing the mutator and causing the still-new community into a slow death and desecrating a place where those bored with normal play. I want simply some kind of perk regulation..... I'm up for a compromise

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medic cant be leveled faster.
Commando cant be leveled at all.
Sharpshooter cant be leveled faster.

Demo can be leveled faster but thats not our fault you can buy as many pipebombs as you want.

Bezerker is hard to level due to quick deaths. Easier on normal servers.

Support can be leveled faster for damage, but not for welding.

Firebug is hard to level due to the amount of damage needed to kill a FP. You run out of ammo before any real damage is done.

You see me here crying i cant level commando? No. Why? I choose to play FP servers and dont care about leveling it. I know a lot of people with level 6 demo and support and thats it. They enjoy FP servers and dont care about leveling.

Just amazes me that players come here and cry about FP servers. Just play the game and worry about yourself. What do you get for Mr. Perky? Money? Girls? Cars? Ego? Its a game. Play it and have fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, the shame of playing these FP servers on Beginner to 'power level' grind in a corner--this instantly shrinks the user's balls. You really want to play KF that way--level up that way, seriously? Wow. Tremendously not fun. Heck, you can probably use some 3rd party keyboard macro to automate the whole process. And I bet people would do it. Like turning this team FPS with a 'lite RPG' element into some kind of MMO, complete with 'grinding exploits' and similar themes. Far more satisfying to level in good, balanced, standard rounds on Normal to Suicidal, progressing as you rank up.

Yes, the old exploiters/dubious gamers will always put forth the tired: "Hey it's just a game, play it however you like! Just have fun!" mantra. With a sprinkle of: "How does it affect you if they use shady methods, but you play legit? Just forget about them and have fun! Play the game!" Blah blah. Bullsh!t. Life is a game of finer points, not blanket blindness. And there's an honor code for every establishment. And there's an optimal and honorable way to experience the game designers' intentions. So you call it when someone's practicing a lame advancement technique, just so they know it is indeed lame.

Upvote 0
Please, tell me.

My bezerker is lv3, and I can not stand playing bezerker, but I love Mr.Perky. Solution?

Concert Hall. That map is gold for perks that have damage requirements. There are 2 ways to make yourself pretty much untouchable by zeds, one better for leveling demo and the other for beserker.

If anything that should be blacklisted before doom.

Upvote 0
Medic cant be leveled faster.

wrong. when a medic and beserker team up (medic heals while zerker kills) the medic is also getting healing points much faster then he would if he just played the game normally.

Bezerker is hard to level due to quick deaths. Easier on normal servers.

only because zerkers suck right now. i'm sure if they're ever buffed back to what they used to be, this won't be as difficult.

Support can be leveled faster for damage, but not for welding.

even if a door is welded 100% you still get welding points for continuing to weld the door, so technically you could just sit there and tape your mouse down if it's in an area where no specimens will be able to reach you the whole round.
this allows for uber fast weld leveling.
course i may be wrong. if i am, oh well, welding points are easy as hell to get by just playing the game normally.

Just amazes me that players come here and cry about FP servers. Just play the game and worry about yourself. What do you get for Mr. Perky? Money? Girls? Cars? Ego? Its a game. Play it and have fun.

i wouldn't call it "crying about fp servers". we're simply reporting to TWI an exploit so they consider it in the future, don't assume i'm stomping and whining about it.

why do we report it? because people who use cheap leveling methods are idiots and don't deserve to have a reason to continue playing KF. why do I care? because i like KF and i'll be damned if I see it filled with the same cancer that infects other games like TF2.

I do indeed want it to not be possible to level so easily with, but if it stays the way it is, then oh well no point in continuing to complain.

Upvote 0
this would probably kill KF

it would kill the modding scene....doubt it would kill the whole game. people would just learn that they can only level on stock maps. again, the WORST case senario.

but something needs to be done to improve the quality of whitelisting or else they should just bring back KF-Leveling.....actually, no, ConcertHall from what i've heard is easier.

Upvote 0
youre not a mapper are you?

i worked on some maps in RO and got way too frustrated at how much time and energey it took to even attempt maps in KF..... however, i realize that i'm not a mapper and don't still attempt to map and produce bad maps whereas some people think they are mappers and then find out they aren't.....too bad it's usually after they released a map and it got whitelisted :D

for every 1 good map that is made, there's maybe 5 bad ones to go with it. i love having community made content and understand how important it is for the game as i've seen it in RO for almost 4 years now, but there needs to be a line drawn to monitor the "crappiness" level of the content coming out to lessen the negative impact some of it is having on the game.

Upvote 0