• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Invisible zombies and no weapon bugs

Taibhse

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 14, 2010
Recently installed Kf again after reinstalling windows and its been giving me some trouble.

First I had the bug where it wouldn't connect to a server but I managed to fix that with a sticky thread here in the forums.

Now its been giving me one major problem in the last few waves, most zombies are invisible. Flesh pounds are much worse when you can't even see them I assure you.

Another one that doesn't happen often but is annoying is a bug where I can no longer see my arms/guns and cannot use them, no nades no knife no pipebombs either. (sometimes even in third person) This has only happened 4-5 times to me though.

Anyone know a fix for these problems?

What is your Download Region on Steam?
It might be corrupted files, if you read the sticky threads, and there is some Regions witch have the corrupted files.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38803

Another thing that is much more probably, is your drivers. Since you've recently reinstalled windows your system might be outdated, so update you're drivers.

Post back with news.

Upvote 0
am 100% sure my drivers are up to date.

My region is currently Ireland. I think I may have realised why it happened.

Back when l4d2 and borderlands came out I changed my region to avoid overloaded servers when the games I had preloaded came out. (worked great btw)

I never swapped back, When I reinstalled Kf I took the files for it off a back up I had done for it a while ago but It had to dl some also. When I tried that I got that connecting issue from the thread you happened to post and I fixed it quickly thanks to that thread. So there must have been more problems with the files that just the connecting problem.

I will assume that a redownload will fix it, will post back if that is not the case.

Upvote 0
Try redownloading from "Europe - Central".

My download server is set to Benelux, and I get the same issue, downloading these files now to see if they fix anything.

So thats 2 broken content servers I guess ^^

edit 1:
Replacing my game files with these did not work.

edit 2:
Changed my download server to European, i will report back if this had any use

edit 3:
EDIT 2 worked! deleted my system and maps folder, then let steam check the integrity, it reupdated all files now im able to play online again! :)

fixn.png

Upvote 0